Paulding.com

Jacquelyn Allgood Hart, age 86, Powder Springs, GA, passed away Sunday, September 11, 2011. Born in Dallas, GA, October 11, 1924, to the late, William Irving Allgood and the late, Elizabeth Fea Jones Allgood. She was preceded in death by her husband, William Orville Hart and son, Bill Hart. Mrs. Hart retired from the Paulding County School System, after teaching for more than 30 years. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Dallas.

Survivors include her daughters & son-in-law, Patricia & Dayton Brook

of Powder Springs, GA, and Cheryl Hart Trout of Dallas, GA; son, Billy Hart of Dallas, GA; grandchildren, Nicholas Brook, Kelsey Brook, Melody Baxter and Philip Wehunt; great-grandchildren, Kendrick Brook, Grant Baxter, Brett Baxter, Kaitlyn Matherly, and Madison Wehunt.

Funeral services will be Thursday, September 15, 2011, at 3:00 PM, from Clark Funeral Home. Interment will follow in Peaceful Meadows Memorial Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday, September 14, 2011, from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Jacquelyn Allgood Hart, age 86, Powder Springs, GA, passed away Sunday, September 11, 2011. Born in Dallas, GA, October 11, 1924, to the late, William Irving Allgood and the late, Elizabeth Fea Jones Allgood. She was preceded in death by her husband, William Orville Hart and son, Bill Hart. Mrs. Hart retired from the Paulding County School System, after teaching for more than 30 years. She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Dallas.

Survivors include her daughters & son-in-law, Patricia & Dayton Brook

of Powder Springs, GA, and Cheryl Hart Trout of Dallas, GA; son, Billy Hart of Dallas, GA; grandchildren, Nicholas Brook, Kelsey Brook, Melody Baxter and Philip Wehunt; great-grandchildren, Kendrick Brook, Grant Baxter, Brett Baxter, Kaitlyn Matherly, and Madison Wehunt.

Funeral services will be Thursday, September 15, 2011, at 3:00 PM, from Clark Funeral Home. Interment will follow in Peaceful Meadows Memorial Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday, September 14, 2011, from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Prayers for the family. I knew her as a teacher in Dallas.

Is that who Allgood Elementary School is named for? Perhaps that is also why it is on Hart Road.

Allgood elementary is named after my great-uncle Roy Allgood. He was a longtime educator here in Paulding. Jacquelyn was my grandmother...she passed away yesterday at her home. She was an educator as well.

My grandmother sold the land to the BOE in 1997. The BOE decided to name the school after uncle Roy. The school is built on several acres of what was a seveal hundred acre farm that I grew up on. The farm belonged to my grandfather, W.O. Hart. The farm had been in my family for several generations and once included a civil war era home that I lived in as a child.

Satellite I am sorry for your families loss but that was a neat tidbit of history there. My daughter goes to Allgood and we all LOVE that school. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. :wub:

I could go on and on about the history of what was my family's land there--from the terraced pastures of the cotton fields my family cultivated--to the plethora of Native American artifacts found.

Thank you for your sympathies.

I could go on and on about the history of what was my family's land there--from the terraced pastures of the cotton fields my family cultivated--to the plethora of Native American artifacts found.

Thank you for your sympathies.

I love local history.