Paulding.com

So far this has been an interesting bug season. With 20 years in the industry I had only seen "bird mites" 3 times. I have seen them 5 times this year already, including in my own home. These come from birds that will often nest in your gutters and up under the edge of your shingles this time of year. They are feeding on the birds however can and will feed on humans. Females require a blood meal. They are very small. About the size of a period at the end of a sentence. They are an opaque almost gray color and can be found in bath tub areas due to the moisture. These are a problem and a health risk.

The other occurence that is fascinating to those of us in the business, is Honeybees. I have seen two cases this year. In the most recent one, the bees had entered through a hole in a mortar joint on a brick home and had established there nest between the first and second floors. In a 16" x 24" area there must of been 40 t0 50 homeycombs with honey starting to ooze through the sheetrock.

If you see bees congregating around a particular area of your home and thought they were yellow jackets or something, you should have it inspected.

Hole-In-One Pest Solutions offers Termite Control, Pest Control, Mosquito Control and bee control in Dallas Georgia and throughout Paulding County. Please message us on PCom or visit www.holeinonepest.com to schedule a FREE HOME INSPECTION. 770-708-2945

bird mite bites.jpg

honeybees.jpg

Hopefully not kill them :(

I was just thinking the same thing. I hope not. We had a swarm show up in our yard the other day. For us, since Jimmy is a beekeeper, it was like a holiday. He was thrilled. He captured the hive.