Paulding.com

Health Care Bill Ruled Unconstitutional

I thought folks who had not heard this might be interested and I know lots of folks here do not visit the Political Forum. Since it affects us all I decided to post in both forums. If I am not allowed to do this I am sure the Mods will fix it. Link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703727804576017552229615230.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEADNewsCollection

Awesome.

BTW - I read last week that 222 companies have now been given waivers to not have it applied to them. Just on that alone seems unconstitutional. Oh, and I think Congress should have whatever health care the military has. And I also think Congress should have the pay that the average military person has. (HEY!!!)

• Like 1

Awesome.

BTW - I read last week that 222 companies have now been given waivers to not have it applied to them. Just on that alone seems unconstitutional. Oh, and I think Congress should have whatever health care the military has. And I also think Congress should have the pay that the average military person has. (HEY!!!)

I read that too. I agree with your other comments. Maybe they would not seek to make a career out of the job!

To be fair, the law has been upheld in other federal courts. The judge that presides over this court is a Bush appointee and the justice department fully expected this decision from him. It will go to SCOTUS eventually as y'all have said. Considering the commerce clause is used in all kinds of shady ways it wouldn't surprise me if this law was allowed to stand....though this is the same SCOTUS who took Citizens United and turned our elections into a corporate bidding war, so who knows?

mrnn