Paulding.com

Lessie Dean Perren, age 74, of Dallas, GA, passed away Wednesday, September 22, 2010. The daughter of the late, Clifford Austin Fields and the late, Beatrice Mae Fields, she was born in Villa Rica (Paulding County) on January 25, 1936. Mrs. Perren was retired as a nurse, from Wellstar Paulding Hospital, after 25 years of service. She also worked as a nurse for the Paulding County School System and taught nursing at Chattahoochee Tech. Mrs. Perren was a lifelong member of Concord Baptist Church.

Surviving are her husband of 59 years, Preston Perren; sons, Jimmy & Ginger Perren of Memphis, TN, Randy & Donna Perren of Dallas, GA, Ray & Joy Perren of Douglas, GA, Roy & Kim Perren of Hiawassee, GA, and Jeff Perren & Jim Ivey of Kennesaw, GA; brother, Gordon Fields of Temple, GA; sisters, Lois Watson of Douglasville, GA, Ruth & Ray Swafford of Temple, GA and Marcella & Harold Davis of Temple, GA; nineteen grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be Saturday, September 25, 2010, at 2:00 PM, from Clark Funeral Home, with Pastor Frank Bernat officiating. Interment will follow in Concord Baptist Church Cemetery in Temple, with sons and grandsons serving as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday, September 24, 2010, from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: American Heart Association, P. O. Box 409410, Atlanta, GA 30384 or Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Foundation, 1687 Tullie Circle NE, Atlanta, GA 30329.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

She taught my CNA course many years ago. My husband and I just saw her a few weeks ago in Walmart!! She was one remarkable person as well as an excellent nurse... She will be missed!!!

Mrs. Perren was the school nurse at Herschel Jones when my son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. She was so caring and helped our family to adjust to the diagnosis. Jesse always talks about how Mrs. Perren treated him like a grandchild. He is now 21 years old and still speaks fondly of her.

The family will be in my thoughts and prayers.