Paulding.com

out-of-state telemarketing for Ga governor candidates

OK, call me crazy but it just seems WRONG to run on a platform of putting Georgians back to work when you use telemarketing firms from THREE other states to tell us your platform. There are probably dozens of telemarketing firms in the metro Atlanta area alone who would KILL for the contract to do telemarketing for a candidate. WHY send those jobs to other states? Even if the telemarketer recording the message is from Georgia, the telemarketing company should be, too, if you're SERIOUS about putting Georgians back to work.

Just for the record, I admire Gov. Jan Brewer from Arizona and what that state has done but I don't give a rat's furry behind if she endorses a particular GEORGIA candidate or not.

Is it November yet? :blink:

Who was it? Karen Handel

How do you know they were out of state? Caller ID and Google search. In fact, we have a joke in our house that if it's an out of state caller it HAS to be from a candidate calling to tell us they want to put Georgians back to work.

If you know that for a fact, I think you should e-mail them. You have a very valid point.

88 days to go............and we can clean house!

That number is tied to a telecommunications provider in Omaha.

With phone over ip (internet) those calls could be coming out of Atlanta and the calls still be routed through Omaha because depending on who the intermediate companies are.

I guess to be safe, those contracting for political calls need to build a 'local area code' clause into their contract. Then it won't matter where the calls originate, as long as they show up with a local area code.

Given a choice between an out-of-stater endorsing a candidate and a Georgian endorsing a candidate, I'm going with the Georgian endorsement.

I figure at least they actually know the person and their record instead of being told by the "establishment" who some outsider should be endorsing.

Actually, I've had three different numbers come up for the same candidate--the latest one is in Montana.

I agree about "building a local area code" for their calls.

That number is tied to a telecommunications provider in Omaha.

With phone over ip (internet) those calls could be coming out of Atlanta and the calls still be routed through Omaha because depending on who the intermediate companies are.

I guess to be safe, those contracting for political calls need to build a 'local area code' clause into their contract. Then it won't matter where the calls originate, as long as they show up with a local area code.

I agree. I am not swayed in the least by an out of state endorsement for a Georgia candidate. In fact, just the opposite is true.

The thing about this that really saddens me is I was planning to vote for her until the calls started. :angry2:

Given a choice between an out-of-stater endorsing a candidate and a Georgian endorsing a candidate, I'm going with the Georgian endorsement.

I figure at least they actually know the person and their record instead of being told by the "establishment" who some outsider should be endorsing.