Paulding.com

Help report the election results

The election is Tuesday night.

There are fourteen "precincts".

Once the polls close, the poll workers will print out the totals at each of the precincts and post the results at the precinct. (This is what I understand happens).

What we need is someone close by each of the precincts to go by and copy (photograph) the results and send the results to us at publisher@paulding.com.

This will provide unofficial results much quicker than waiting for the totals to be posted at the courthouse as the results are re-tallied at the courthouse. The latter figures are official but the former are usually accurate.

Here are the precincts:

pauldingprecincts.jpg

If we can get folks to signon to making the rounds.

pubby

I've just been informed that the county will be using the Judicial Building's jury staging room and the parking lot west of the formal Courthouse as the area set aside for the election watch. This is across the plaza from the county administration building where the actual vote tallies will be made.

According to the note I got from Pat Tibbits, candidates are able to set up tents to tailgate during the returns in that parking lot and the county will feed returns to a big screen/projector in the jury assembly room.

I would still like to get early results from the precincts themselves.

pubby