Paulding.com

Do you hate Microsoft Vista?

If you have Vista installed on your computer and have access to a ".edu" email address through a college, you can purchase Windows 7 Professional Upgrade for only $29.99 here: http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx List price for this software is $200.

Windows 7 is much better than Vista and will actually enable your computer to run faster. Also, I can do a clean install for you for only $80 (or $100 if you need me to save data such as pictures, music and documents). A clean install means that I will wipe your hard drive clean before the install which is much better than simply just doing an in place upgrade from Vista. If you would like to do this, contact me prior to purchasing Windows 7 just to make sure there are no issues that would make the upgrade unwise. Note: This pricing is for customers that drop off and pickup their computers.

For Windows XP users, I generally recommend sticking with XP but if you are interested in upgrading, call me before the purchase.

Glad to read your recommendations about XP users. I have XP on both my computers, and see no reason to change at this time. My only issue has been that one is Home edition and the other is Professional, but I resolved the issue quite nicely with some freeware I found. I love how these humongous companies make their marvy software free to individuals when it would be something like $1500 for a company (or some such). I got a remote desktop control program (Team Viewer) that works VERY WELL between the two computers. Happy, happy!

it took me a while to get use to the vista my scanner was not compatible with it but I did get my printer compatible with it.

my desk top has windows 7 on it, and I have the cd to put it on my lap top but I have not yet..

I have Vista on the two laptops and so far I'm happy. What has been the problem with that OS? I have XP Home Edition on my VERY old desktop and it is still keepin' on, no idea for how much longer, but for now it's good.

I have Vista on the two laptops and so far I'm happy. What has been the problem with that OS? I have XP Home Edition on my VERY old desktop and it is still keepin' on, no idea for how much longer, but for now it's good.

My only complaint with Vista is that it is a pig when it comes to using your hardware efficiently. If you have the right hardware, Vista can run well. Unfortunately, many computer manufacturers sold lots of computers with Vista that would have been more appropriate for XP.

We have a desktop and laptop that are both running Vista. We also have the Windows 7 upgrade disks for both computers but we haven't been able to make the upgrade finish without errors so we'll just keep Vista, I guess. Actually, we haven't had any problems with Vista.

I have Windows Vista on one laptop, Windows 7 on another laptop, Windows 7 on my wife's workstation, Windows 7 on my development workstation, and XP Professional on my two sons' workstations. Vista has been a great OS on the one laptop and I plan on continuing to use it until the laptop is retired. There's been nothing wrong with Vista on every computer I've used with it. Vista got a very bad and undeserved reputation from folks who just didn't understand it.

The two XP workstations will eventually be upgraded... it's just a matter of money at the moment. Upgrading right now would make Dave Ramsey cry.

I have Windows Vista on one laptop, Windows 7 on another laptop, Windows 7 on my wife's workstation, Windows 7 on my development workstation, and XP Professional on my two sons' workstations. Vista has been a great OS on the one laptop and I plan on continuing to use it until the laptop is retired. There's been nothing wrong with Vista on every computer I've used with it. Vista got a very bad and undeserved reputation from folks who just didn't understand it.

The two XP workstations will eventually be upgraded... it's just a matter of money at the moment. Upgrading right now would make Dave Ramsey cry.

Ha! Unless you left something out, I have you beat by one computer. :D

XP=3

XP/Linux Mint Dual Boot=1

Vista=1

7/Ubuntu Linux Dual Boot=1

OS X=1

Ha! Unless you left something out, I have you beat by one computer. :D

XP=3

XP/Linux Mint Dual Boot=1

Vista=1

7/Ubuntu Linux Dual Boot=1

OS X=1

Lol... well, I have under my desk right now a soon-to-be-retired XP Professional (an old home-built Asus with an Athlon XP processor). I also have an old (way old) Toshiba laptop from 1995, but it hasn't been powered up in years. I also have a 1985-vintage Tandy 1000SX (with 20MB hard card!) and an original Mac Classic. Add to that two TI-99/4A's (with a fully-loaded peripheral expansion system!) plus one Timex/Sinclair ZX-81, and I might have you out-computed. :)

But... as for computers that are actively being used... you have me there. ;)

Edited by VoicesInMyHead

Lol... well, I have under my desk right now a soon-to-be-retired XP Professional (an old home-built Asus with an Athlon XP processor). I also have an old (way old) Toshiba laptop from 1995, but it hasn't been powered up in years. I also have a 1985-vintage Tandy 1000SX (with 20MB hard card!) and an original Mac Classic. Add to that two TI-99/4A's (with a fully-loaded peripheral expansion system!) plus one Timex/Sinclair ZX-81, and I might have you out-computed. :)

But... as for computers that are actively being used... you have me there. ;)

19650118.gif

I surrender. You have me beat. The only other machine that I have that still works is very old Compaq. I started to pitch it last week but I could not bring myself to do it. It has a 5.25" 6GB Bigfoot hard drive. I remember thinking that I would never be able to fill up a 6GB drive.