Paulding.com

political phone calls from out of state

Word to the wise: if you are running for governor of GEORGIA, don't call my house with your pre-recorded message if the number on Caller ID is NOT a Georgia area code. Sure way to lose my vote. This is ESPECIALLY true if you are running on a platform of getting Georgians back to work!

I'm going to start making note of whose calls these are so I'll know who NOT to vote for in a few weeks. :angry2:

My guess is its a cell phone. One that the OP gives out has her "home" number so it is listed in databases as her "home" number next to her Ga. home adress. Computer databases that call don't care about the area code, its the zip code that matters, the phone number is just attached to it. I have two out of state cell phone numbers, but if you list it as your primary or home that is what it is, and that is based on your ADRESS, not the area code the phone is connected to.

One of the numbers is a Nebraska number registered to a telemarketing company.

The other is also a telemarketer, located in Pennsylvania, who apparently advertises erotic services among other things.

Sure which I could remember the time of the recorded message the candidate for governor left on my voice mail and then I'd know which number she called "from". But like I said in my original post, I'm going to start making a note of these calls and the candidates who use them will not be getting my vote. It really hurts to hear a candidate tout their platform of putting Georgians back to work and then get these calls from out of state.

My guess is its a cell phone. One that the OP gives out has her "home" number so it is listed in databases as her "home" number next to her Ga. home adress. Computer databases that call don't care about the area code, its the zip code that matters, the phone number is just attached to it. I have two out of state cell phone numbers, but if you list it as your primary or home that is what it is, and that is based on your ADRESS, not the area code the phone is connected to.

The political calls are coming from out of state numbers being made to local numbers.

We keep getting them from MIK 402-982-0746 but to be honest I can't

remember who the recording is for because the minute I realize it's

"another" candidate recording I hang up. I get home at night and the

answering machine has at least one from them, these really are irritating !

I went to "who called us" and put in the #, it shows others getting

these calls also from MIK - Citistream Communications in Omaha Nebraska.

The political calls are coming from out of state numbers being made to local numbers.

Another common practice. Call centers with auto dialers can be located anywhere, no one is being "put out of work", its a computer program. I just don't get the outrage, its typical for this time of year. If you don't want to hear the message - don't pick up the phone when the caller ID isn't a number you recoginize. Really not that hard.

I DON'T answer if I don't know the number. Some, but not all, of these calls are candidates who leave prerecorded messages on my voice mail. I am not voting for them. And yes, somewhere, someone in Georgia is being passed over for a job because these messages are being DONE by an out of state vendor. If you want to put Georgians to work, put Georgians to work in every aspect of getting you elected as governor. Don't get elected on the basis of creating jobs and become outraged by the jobs being sent overseas when you don't even use a "home grown" business to do your campaigning for you.

Another common practice. Call centers with auto dialers can be located anywhere, no one is being "put out of work", its a computer program. I just don't get the outrage, its typical for this time of year. If you don't want to hear the message - don't pick up the phone when the caller ID isn't a number you recoginize. Really not that hard.

That was one of the calls I got yesterday. I believe it was the call that came from the candidate for governor.

We keep getting them from MIK 402-982-0746 but to be honest I can't

remember who the recording is for because the minute I realize it's

"another" candidate recording I hang up. I get home at night and the

answering machine has at least one from them, these really are irritating !

I went to "who called us" and put in the #, it shows others getting

these calls also from MIK - Citistream Communications in Omaha Nebraska.