Paulding.com

Local elections, who have you met? who would you like

I know some have already made up their minds when it comes to our local races for commissioners, DA, Representatives and senate.

I have been working very hard to get at least an introduction of all our candidates on the p.com news.

I feel it is important, at least if you know their faces and see them in public you have a chance to talk to them.

These are the people that make the decisions that effect you here locally.

I want people to have the opportunity to meet these people face to face.

Who you vote for should not be based on someone else's opinion or whether you recognize a name from a sign, or if your brother-in-law endorses them.

This will be a big race especially for commissioner, do you like where they are going, or not?

This election is your opportunity to decide, along with the other seats.

With all that said, would you like the opportunity to meet these people face to face?

Are you hearing rumors? do you want to ask them about them?

I find that people are not just that interested in local races, they want tend to concentrate on national politicians.

So if we can get the majority of those running in one place would you be interested in meeting them?

I know some have already made up their minds when it comes to our local races for commissioners, DA, Representatives and senate.

I have been working very hard to get at least an introduction of all our candidates on the p.com news.

I feel it is important, at least if you know their faces and see them in public you have a chance to talk to them.

These are the people that make the decisions that effect you here locally.

I want people to have the opportunity to meet these people face to face.

Who you vote for should not be based on someone else's opinion or whether you recognize a name from a sign, or if your brother-in-law endorses them.

This will be a big race especially for commissioner, do you like where they are going, or not?

This election is your opportunity to decide, along with the other seats.

With all that said, would you like the opportunity to meet these people face to face?

Are you hearing rumors? do you want to ask them about them?

I find that people are not just that interested in local races, they want tend to concentrate on national politicians.

So if we can get the majority of those running in one place would you be interested in meeting them?

I think there will be a Meet The Candidate event sponsored by the Republican Party coming up soon.

Is that the kind of event you are speaking of?

I have met most of the candidates. Two that I want to meet are Steve Golden who is running for the 19th District. I get to vote in that one. Another is Pete Bridges who is running against Bill Heath for the District 31 Senate seat. I already know that I will be supporting John Barge for State School Superintendent.

I think there will be a Meet The Candidate event sponsored by the Republican Party coming up soon.

Is that the kind of event you are speaking of?

Yes it will be like that one.

All candidates will be invited even Independents.

I am hoping that incumbents will attend also.

There are lots of rumors floating about who is saying what.

I want people to ask these people running about them and to get the truth.

I feel passionately about people talking to people running for office face to face.

I have talked to many of them, it helps me to make my decision.

I am not looking for the most articulate in these conversations, I am looking for intelligence and and opinions on the issues that they will stand behind.

Be yourself, be strong, stand behind what you say.

If folks don't like it, then they don't like it.

You can't be everything to everybody and you won't win my vote trying.

This is an opportunity for those running to meet a lot of people.

Better than that it is a good way to meet them and see if they intend to be responsive to the public and our needs.

After our last fiasco with Mr Stout's revelations a couple of days before the final vote I would more than welcome an opportunity to question all the candidates about where they stand on what. I also welcome any public forum.

I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be an opportunity coming up to meet Will Avery, a candidate for House District 19, at his official Kickoff Picnic on June 5, starting at 11 am, at Leggett Park. For anybody with a Facebook account, there's an "Event Page" that you can look at for more information, which has the URL http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=114310445275886&index=1.

I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be an opportunity coming up to meet Will Avery, a candidate for House District 19, at his official Kickoff Picnic on June 5, starting at 11 am, at Leggett Park. For anybody with a Facebook account, there's an "Event Page" that you can look at for more information, which has the URL http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=114310445275886&index=1.

Thank you for letting us know about this opportunity to meet a candidate.