Paulding.com

Roberto “Berdo” Gonzalez, age 31, of Dallas, GA, passed away

Wednesday, January 13, 2010. He was born in Brownsville, TX,

August 31, 1978, to Francisco & Ester Maria Gonzalez, Sr. Mr. Gonzalez was a shop supervisor for Penske Trucking. He was a member of West Ridge Church.

Survivors include his wife, Shauna Ellen Gonzalez; parents, Francisco & Ester Maria Gonzalez, Sr. of Marietta, GA; daughters, Shelsea Maria Gonzalez of Dallas, GA and Shila Elena Gonzalez of Dallas, GA; brothers, Manuel Gonzalez of Marietta, GA, Alberto Gonzalez of Marietta, GA, Francisco Gonzalez, Jr. of Marietta, GA and Hector Gonzalez of Marietta, GA; sisters & brother-in-law, Martha Gonzalez of Marietta, GA, Alma Rosa Ortega of Mexico, and Esmeralda & Manuel Gonzalez of Mexico; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be Monday, January 18, 2010, at 10:00 AM, from West Ridge Church, with Reverend Paul Richardson officiating.

Entombment will follow in Georgia Memorial Park. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Sunday from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

The world has lost another amazing man.

Berdo,

Life if going to be so much different without you here with us. I just cant imagine what it will be like not seeing your smiling face waiting to mess with me at the ball park. You were the most honest, caring and loving man I have ever met. I am so honored to have had you in our life, and Leanne and the rest of my family misses you soooo much. Leanne is taking this sooooo hard, you were the dad she never had and you knew that.

But I know that you would say to her....you would say "LeLe, just be strong and know that I love you and I am looking out for you everyday" But most of all, you would say "just keep flying around those bases" because you never gave up on her even when other coaches did. This season she will dedicate every base she steals to you Berdo....because you were her biggest fan! After all....you were the one who started her nick name. So just know that not only are you missed by your two girls, you are missed by your "LeLe" more than you will ever know.

I know you are watching over us all, and the memories we have with you will never be forgotten.

We love you Berdo - and you will be missed everyday.

Its not goodbye "Shorty", its see you later!

Edited by Christa01