Paulding.com

ohmy.gif They called an ambulance?

My daughter fell on the playground 2 weeks ago and broke her elbow in 2 places!!!

They called my husband to come pick her up. (Thank God! An ambulance is a little overkill if you ask me.)

ETA: Maybe there's more to it. :pardon:

Edited by *~AJ~*

kid fell 1 foot

school nurse calls 911 for many different items - many seem overkill - but cautious

how would you want someone to care for your kid?

Ummm...exactly like I just said....contact us. :huh:

The SAME thing happened to us 2 weeks ago today....

did you skip part of my post? :huh:

what about if you were not able to be reached?

personally, I don't see the value in a school nurse - I hear them call 911 a lot. I don't recall if one was involved with this case.

do you want a fight? I haven't been involved in a PC cage match in quite a while!

If the school can not get in touch with the parents then the school calls an ambulance..

and sometimes even if the parent is contacted and if they are working over an hour away or something the parent can request the school to call an ambulance and they will meet them at the hospital .

what about if you were not able to be reached?

personally, I don't see the value in a school nurse - I hear them call 911 a lot. I don't recall if one was involved with this case.

do you want a fight? I haven't been involved in a PC cage match in quite a while!

oh Freebird...I hate to disagree with you but the value of a school nurse is so important! They keep track of all children with medical conditions diabetics, seizure disorders, severe allergies and such. They keep the bus drivers updated with the children on our buses with these conditions as well. While we are trained in first aid and cpr they give us guidelines to follow. Sometimes parents don't put all of the information on the transportation forms. Some students you can't get to bring the forms back. Without them we may not even know they have any type of condition!

no form - no transportation

I made it through 12 years of school without a school nurse. You point out services required for certain students. Those students should pay for the services of the school nurse. Like I said, the nurse calls 911 many, many times for trivial items.

I'm sure the school system has a document outlining exactly what to do in this situation that would make the 2000 page Health Care bill look like a Postit note.

CYA.

Edited by conehead