Paulding.com

Joe Ann Lawrence, age 77, of Dallas, passed away on Saturday, October 31, 2009. She was born on April 3, 1932, in Atlanta, GA, to the late Joe and Lessie Buford, and was preceded in death by her husband, Ralph Lawrence. Mrs. Lawrence was a teacher for 32 years in the Paulding County School System and a member of First Baptist Church of Dallas.

Survivors include son, John Lawrence of Dallas; daughter and son-in-law, Lynn & Allen Griffin of Dallas; grandchildren, Joseph & Brittany Griffin of Wilmington, N.C., and Ben & Jessica Griffin of Dallas; great-grandchild, Noah Griffin of Dallas; several nieces and nephews.

Services will be held on Monday, November 2, 2009, at 3 p.m., from First Baptist Church of Dallas, with Dr. Gregg Potts and Reverend Don Rackley officiating. Interment will follow in Peaceful Meadows Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Sunday, November 1, 2009, from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the First Baptist Church Building Fund at 401 Main Street, Dallas, GA 30132.

Paulding County has lost the best teacher the school system has ever had. Joann was a precious person, caring teacher, and a wonderful Aunt. She will be truly missed. Our prayers go out to her children and family.

We love you Aunt Joann. :wub:

Mike, Cheryl, and Christopher

Mrs.Lawrence was my english teacher when I was in high school in the 70's. She taught me so much!!! I just loved her so much.She will be missed.Paulding County lost a great teacher!Thanks for all the great memories in high school that I still carry with me today.May you rest in peace!!!!!