Paulding.com

Regarding Mower Repairs.....I broke my toe again..

I'm gonna be a little slower getting things done because I have to hobble around the shop. But since I aint got no insurance, this is a call for MORE business, not less. I need to get up enough money to have my toe X-rayed and taken care of. MAN!!! It hurts like Hades too! It's making me a little bit slower, but I am still getting plenty done. So, don't hesitate to call me if you need your mower repaired~~ I am happy to take care of you, and hopefully within a week or so, I'll have enough money to get this sucker X-rayed. Of course, there aint a lot you can do to fix a broken toe.....just grin and bear it. But I probably oughta look into wrapping it up instead of wearing shoes. They just make it hurt worse.

I appreciate all the business that has come my way from my local community, and welcome all I can get. You guys have been a blessing to me all this year. I hope things can continue to thrive for at least another couple of months before the COLD weather hits.

Thanks folks!

Glenn

678-315-8794

And for those who need my address-

341 Ridge Run Drive

Hiram, GA 30141.

Just make sure to call me before you head over this way, to make sure I'm here. ;)

While I am on the subject of broken toes, does anyone know from experience the best way to quell the pain? (besides pain killers).....something I could soak it in during the evening or something like that? This really hurts bad!!! Thanks in advance for any advice. I have never broken a single bone in my body before until now. And wouldn't you know it's one of the few bones that can't be mended!!

I just broke my toe (2 weeks ago). I went to the Dr., had the X-ray, blah, blah, blah. It's broke, that's it. They said I could tape the 2 toes together (for support), but, honestly...that hurt worse.

I can tell you that I couldn't (and still prefer not too) wear tennis shoes. Tennis shoes makes the pain MUCH worse. I denied prescription pain killers, and just took aleeve for the pain the 2 times I was on my feet all day and couldn't bear it anymore.

It is now getting better, but, I still have to watch it (kids stepping on it, bending or hitting it wrong, etc).

good luck

While I am on the subject of broken toes, does anyone know from experience the best way to quell the pain? (besides pain killers).....something I could soak it in during the evening or something like that?

Amputation?

Just kidding buddy. :p

I would think ice packs to numb it and keep the swelling down. At least for the first 24 hours or so.

Sorry man, I know it sucks.

Amputation?

Just kidding buddy. :p

I would think ice packs to numb it and keep the swelling down. At least for the first 24 hours or so.

Sorry man, I know it sucks.

Yeah....I have plenty of cool power tools that could take that sucker off in a jiffy....only I'm sure I'll need it later to balance myself when I walk.

From what I gathered online...ice, and prop it up above your head. Only thing I CANNOT do is stay off of it during the day. I have no choice but to work, so I guess it's pain by day, and relief by night. I'll probably need some strong meds for the night time part, so at least I can sleep.

Yeah....I have plenty of cool power tools that could take that sucker off in a jiffy....only I'm sure I'll need it later to balance myself when I walk.

From what I gathered online...ice, and prop it up above your head. Only thing I CANNOT do is stay off of it during the day. I have no choice but to work, so I guess it's pain by day, and relief by night. I'll probably need some strong meds for the night time part, so at least I can sleep.

Maybe some boots that would limit movement of your toe? Steel toe maybe.

so how did you break it ?

The FIRST time was about 3 months ago...letting a large riding mower back off the ramp, then instead of rolling OVER my foot and stopping, it got under my foot and bent my toes up and back. It was healing up rather well (although when the atmospheric pressure got so bad from all the rain, it started hurting pretty bad, but I knew why)...then today I was kick-starting a dirt bike I fixed and when I kicked the 3rd or 4th time my foot had slid down enough for my same toe to nail the foot peg. So, now I am back to square one, only this hurts worse than the first time.

Maybe some boots that would limit movement of your toe? Steel toe maybe.

Boots are a big NO-NO!!! I wore my cowboy boots one night to the club...BAD MISTAKE...it had me hurting like hell for 2 days afterwards. Just having my shoes off right now is seeming to help a little.....that, and a few Budweisers. ;)

Wow, I'm sorry about the toe man.

And I don't think there's much you can do for it either.

Try to take it easy and hope it heals soon.

If I take it easy, I'll go bankrupt.....therein lies a problem. With the mower thing...I am my own employee, and my own boss. If I don't work, I don't get paid. I try to hobble in such a way as to minimize the impact of it hitting the ground as I walk. Heck...I'm a MAN.....this too, shall pass! :lol:

If I'm lucky~~~

BTW, my 3rd beer has helped matters significantly.....only I can't do that during the day.

Wow...I took off my socks last night and this thing was PURPLE!!! and swollen. Hurt a lot more than I thought. Well, I laid around here all day to give it some time. Then I wrapped it up in lots of foam rubber, so I can get back to business.