Paulding.com

YOUR OPINION NEEDED, PLEASE!

Travel Exchange Club  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to participate in a Travel Club like this?

• Yes, I would like to be a Host AND travel this way
    • Yes, I would like to travel this way
    • Yes, I would like to be a Host
    • No, I would not be interested in participating at all

This is a travel business which functions like the exchange student program, but it's for individuals, couples and families instead.

A "Host" family or person offers their guest bedroom(s) to travelers and generally act as a bed and breakfast. Travelers stay with a Host family for $25/day per person.

The benefit is that people get to travel around the country and/or world, at a minimal cost. Also, host families earn a little extra income (usually $50/day) and have the flexability to determine their availability.

There is a website where Hosts and Travelers find out about eachother, chat, and webconference to get to know each other.

The business does extensive background checks on all members of the travel club.

So, what are your thoughts? Please take moment to fill out the poll. Any additional feedback that you could reply with would also be very helpful.

Thanks!

I think it is a very interesting concept. It would be benificial to talk to someone who had experienced the program prior to doing it. I guess that is the downside of doing something at the beginning. It would be a little intimidating not knowing where you would staying and what the host family would be like. And on the flip side, it would be a little strange having people in your home that you didn't know.

One of my goals is to visit all 50 states, and at least 50 countries, and I think this would be a really cool way to do it. Especially if you got to talk on the phone to the people you were staying with and used webcams, too.

I wouldn't have any problem with people staying with me, either, if I got to know them in the same way first. Plus, the background checks would probably make me feel more comfortable than if I was staying at a hotel or a campground or something like that. People at those places don't usually have any type of regular screenings done.

Another thing I would like is that if I stayed with people who lived where I wanted to go, they could tell me about the local places to go, instead of just the tourist traps.

This is a travel business which functions like the exchange student program, but it's for individuals, couples and families instead.

A "Host" family or person offers their guest bedroom(s) to travelers and generally act as a bed and breakfast. Travelers stay with a Host family for $25/day per person.

The benefit is that people get to travel around the country and/or world, at a minimal cost. Also, host families earn a little extra income (usually $50/day) and have the flexability to determine their availability.

There is a website where Hosts and Travelers find out about eachother, chat, and webconference to get to know each other.

The business does extensive background checks on all members of the travel club.

So, what are your thoughts? Please take moment to fill out the poll. Any additional feedback that you could reply with would also be very helpful.

Thanks!

Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, would you let your child participate in the exchange student program?

This is such a neat idea. They did this when the Olympics were here. You could rent out your whole house or just a room. I know people that did. They had no problems with the visitors.

As long as there are background checks, it would be good. There is always 1 that will fall through the cracks. That's the chance we take. But don't we take a chance with just about everything we do in life?

What a great way to meet new people and learn about other cultures. You never know that person that walks through your door, could be your next best friend!!!