Paulding.com

This is on the County website:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE TO HOMEOWNERS REGARDING 2009 PROPERTY TAXES

Posted : 6/25/2009

Tax Commissioner J. W. (Bill) Watson, III says homeowners should brace themselves for additional property taxes this year and the next. The state homestead tax relief grant that funded an increased homestead exemption to homeowners for the last several years will not be available this year. Declining state revenues during the current recession means there is no money for the State to give the tax relief to homeowners said Mr. Watson. This will mean a property tax increase of $200 to $300 on the 2009 tax bills for many Georgia homeowners. The grant appropriated by the General Assembly and the Governor for the last several years to counties, cities, and schools had given tax relief to homeowners in the form of a credit on their tax bills. According to legislation passed in 2009 (House Bill 143) the grant will only be made available in the future if state revenues grow at least 3% plus the rate of inflation.

Mr. Watson encourages homeowners to prepare for the increase before tax bills are issued later this year. It’s unfortunate in slow economic times to have to deliver this message says Mr. Watson but homeowners need to know now so they can plan accordingly with their household budgets or make sure that tax escrows are properly funded with their mortgage companies to handle the tax increase.

Paulding County Tax Commissioner

770-443-7581

Bill.Watson@paulding.gov"

This is on the County website:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE TO HOMEOWNERS REGARDING 2009 PROPERTY TAXES

Posted : 6/25/2009

Tax Commissioner J. W. (Bill) Watson, III says homeowners should brace themselves for additional property taxes this year and the next. The state homestead tax relief grant that funded an increased homestead exemption to homeowners for the last several years will not be available this year. Declining state revenues during the current recession means there is no money for the State to give the tax relief to homeowners said Mr. Watson. This will mean a property tax increase of $200 to $300 on the 2009 tax bills for many Georgia homeowners. The grant appropriated by the General Assembly and the Governor for the last several years to counties, cities, and schools had given tax relief to homeowners in the form of a credit on their tax bills. According to legislation passed in 2009 (House Bill 143) the grant will only be made available in the future if state revenues grow at least 3% plus the rate of inflation.

Mr. Watson encourages homeowners to prepare for the increase before tax bills are issued later this year. It’s unfortunate in slow economic times to have to deliver this message says Mr. Watson but homeowners need to know now so they can plan accordingly with their household budgets or make sure that tax escrows are properly funded with their mortgage companies to handle the tax increase.

Paulding County Tax Commissioner

770-443-7581

Bill.Watson@paulding.gov"

I believe this was an addition to the Homestead Exemption, granted by the state. The Homestead Exemption still stands, just not the tax relief grant.

Since this was an additional exemption and the state/counties running are on empty, what else would you have suggested they do?? I would have loved to keep the exemption but the $ has to come from somewhere. With all the forclosures and devalued property, people aren't paying those property taxes anymore. A little hard to swallow, but better than an out right tax increase.

Since this was an additional exemption and the state/counties running are on empty, what else would you have suggested they do?? I would have loved to keep the exemption but the $ has to come from somewhere. With all the forclosures and devalued property, people aren't paying those property taxes anymore. A little hard to swallow, but better than an out right tax increase.

Nixing Sonny's Bass Fishing extravaganza in middle Georgia comes to mind right off the top of my head.

It would be nice to see all of the state reps, senators, the governor and all of their staffs taking furlough days as well. Instead we stick to all the other lowly workers and teachers.

There was PLENTY of other pork in the budget which could have been cut. But a backroom deal is a backroom deal sealed over a handshake and cigar.

Why would bank owned foreclosures be exempt from property tax?

The tax bills have been posted and if you were signed up for Homestead Exemption - you didnt get it!

https://paulding.paytaxes.net/intro/paulding/

Homestead exemption is still in place. It is only the small portion of $200 - $300 funded by the State that will not be available to homeowners this year due to declining state revenues. Your homestead exemption is still in place.

Bank owned homes still pay property taxes. I do closings on foreclosure homes all day and the banks are our clients. If the person is foreclosed on and the bank takes back the property they are now responsible for ALL the past due and current tax payments. So the above comment about the taxes not getting paid is untrue. I think it is unfair to take away the homestead when we are already upside down and loosing money on our homes on a daily basis. Don’t you think we have been panelized enough?

Bank owned homes still pay property taxes. I do closings on foreclosure homes all day and the banks are our clients. If the person is foreclosed on and the bank takes back the property they are now responsible for ALL the past due and current tax payments. So the above comment about the taxes not getting paid is untrue. I think it is unfair to take away the homestead when we are already upside down and loosing money on our homes on a daily basis. Don’t you think we have been panelized enough?

Gov Sonny and Speaker of the House Glenn Richardson decided they needed that money worse than you or I.

And then look how they spent it.

Think any of them are taking furlough days ?

Bank owned homes still pay property taxes. I do closings on foreclosure homes all day and the banks are our clients. If the person is foreclosed on and the bank takes back the property they are now responsible for ALL the past due and current tax payments. So the above comment about the taxes not getting paid is untrue. I think it is unfair to take away the homestead when we are already upside down and loosing money on our homes on a daily basis. Don't you think we have been panelized enough?

I guess that would be true if the bank was going to sell the home, that they would have to catch up the taxes but I just checked our street and I found one home that's been owned by the bank for at least 4 years but hasn't paid the taxes for last year and I would doubt they would pay this year's either. I guess the banks don't have to worry about paying the taxes since they own the home and the county tax commissioners surely don't want to do anything that would cause them to end up with the property on their books and having to sell it.

taxbll.jpg

Homestead exemption is still in place. It is only the small portion of $200 - $300 funded by the State that will not be available to homeowners this year due to declining state revenues. Your homestead exemption is still in place.

I turned 66 yrs. old in Feb. and my tax have went up $121. from last year- am I not suppose to get half off of school tax?

Taxes went up $4.

The Homestead Exemption is all smoke and mirrors. They never did "give" any money. They just don't collect the money. The just figure out how much they are "losing" every year then add that amount to the budget and say they have a Homestead exemption "fund".

So later they can just claim they don't have the money to "fund" the account when in reality they just want to collect the taxes that they have been writing off. Very convenient if you ask me.

Still waiting on the Federal Government to say they can't "fund" the mortgage deduction so they can get more tax revenue on that end.

Did you go down to the Gov't building and file the form for the senior exemption?

We did last year and it went down quite a bit.

I believe it's too late for this year, so file in Jan. if you didn't.

I turned 66 yrs. old in Feb. and my tax have went up $121. from last year- am I not suppose to get half off of school tax?

Gov Sonny and Speaker of the House Glenn Richardson decided they needed that money worse than you or I.

And then look how they spent it.

Think any of them are taking furlough days ?

You might want to look at what P-BO wants to spend and is spending. Home Exemption is peanuts compared to the big Democrap dogs plan to do with our taxes.

You might want to look at what P-BO wants to spend and is spending. Home Exemption is peanuts compared to the big Democrap dogs plan to do with our taxes.

You trying to spin your way out of a tax increase the GREAT ONES, Sonny and Glenn have already stuck us with by trying to shift the focus to what might be ?

If Obama's healthcare package gets approved and lets me buy insurance for my family at the same group rates charged by the giant companies, or groups like the State, it will save me thousands a year. Sonny and Glenn snuck by us and grabbed an easy $200 to $300 from each homeowner in the State.

You trying to spin your way out of a tax increase the GREAT ONES, Sonny and Glenn have already stuck us with by trying to shift the focus to what might be ?

If Obama's healthcare package gets approved and lets me buy insurance for my family at the same group rates charged by the giant companies, or groups like the State, it will save me thousands a year. Sonny and Glenn snuck by us and grabbed an easy $200 to $300 from each homeowner in the State.

I appreciate what you're saying but I believe it came down to doing something with shrinking revenues. Your out of pocket insurance premiums may go down under P-BO's plan but your taxes will increase so dramatically that your cost for healthcare will actually rise. Since you're not a Democrat, I am sure that you know this already. And yet, you support P-BO's plan.

I appreciate what you're saying but I believe it came down to doing something with shrinking revenues. Your out of pocket insurance premiums may go down under P-BO's plan but your taxes will increase so dramatically that your cost for healthcare will actually rise. Since you're not a Democrat, I am sure that you know this already. And yet, you support P-BO's plan.

When I sold off my business and started doing just consulting work for several outfits around the country and world, as a workforce of "1", my health insurance with BCBS went from under $500 a month in 2002 under a group policy with 12 to 15 members, to $2400 a month in 2006 with just my family. So, to save us $25,000+ a year, MrsSurepip went to work for the State Ag Department so we could buy our insurance via her job.

Are you trying to tell me under Obama's plan I will be paying $2400 a month again if I want to purchase that same policy we are paying less than $500 a month from the State ? It is United now, as they fired BCBS last year, but hey, $2000 a month, with NET dollars is not chump change to me.

I didn't think so.

And I still say Sonny and Glenn could have cut some of their other pork out of the State Budget, AND made EVERYONE take furlough days, including them and their staffs, and could have left the Homeowner's Tax Credit in place.

Are you planning to vacation as Sonny's Bass Fishing Bonaza place in middle Georgia ? I believe it was another $45million for this fiscal year.