Paulding.com

post-6208-1247145430.jpg

If your kid was run through the session quickly--don't feel alone.

Do the numbers--

Small school, say 200 seniors X 10 minutes to change outfits casual and formal with the hair in the right place = 2000 minutes.

2000 minutes divided by 60 (minutes in an hour) = 33 hours divided by 8 (hours in a work day) =

over 4 days per school and that's only 200 seniors.

I'll be honest here ---- you have to go to the school photo guy to get your photo on the senior page in the yearbook but that is all you have to do with the school photographer.

post-6208-1247145513.jpg post-6208-1247145542.jpg

Senior sessions with Nicholas Cole - Photographer usually take 1 to 1 1/2 hours with time for 3 clothing changes and include props which mean something to the student.

Band instruments

Sports equipment

post-6208-1247146142_thumb.jpg

Cars or trucks

Pets - bring the cat or dog or bird or whatever.

Buddy shots - a couple of pictures with your best friend.

If mom or dad come along, I love to take a few photographs with them and their kids.

The first 7 seniors to be photographed by July 18 and place an order by July 31 will get a

FREE - GET IN YOUR RING POSTER.

post-6208-1247145597.jpg post-6208-1247145659_thumb.jpg

This is a $70 value.

(16x20 in. unmounted

and unframed.)

Be one of the first 7 to book your appointment by July 18!

Call today--- 770-443-7355

Located on Main Street in downtown Dallas.

SENIOR PORTRAITS YOUR WAY

Nice!

You should offer to reshoot for all the schools...the poses they put my 3&4th graders in were horrible and looks on their faces said that they clearly weren't comfortable.

I too have worked to photograph 300 to 400 children in elementary and middle schools between school start time and lunch time. It is a numbers game for these big companies. "Your kid not smiling? Not our fault. How much money in is the next order envelope?."

I may be slow and deliberate but I enjoy producing a vehicle to be placed on your mantel or bookshelf to rekindle memories for generations.

post-6208-1247149318_thumb.jpg

Will the school accept the formal picture for the yearbook from another photographer?

Sorry to tell you the short answer is NO.

I hate to be so blunt but that is the answer.

Think of it this way. It is a government venture, the school system, and they through the police power of the state, have the power to extract the most money from as many people as they can to fuel the ever growing thirst for spending other peoples money on projects THEY want to spend that money on.

Enter the photographer and his services. If he, she or, it has to, "return to the school system", "make a payment of in kind services and or cash," or provide a "kick back" in order to get the business, you can see why they only accept photos from the contracted photographer.

The national average for the school's cut in the senior portrait market has been for years right around 50%. How many senior students? Times 50% of the purchase? No wonder the photographer has to charge so much and work so fast to photograph all the clubs and many functions at the school.-----And he has to pay his staff and make a living too.

In the underclass market it can be above or below that and can vary depending on which "package" is purchased by the parent.

I have had members of school boards tell me that was not true only to find out they had been deceived. Many times it is a very hidden revenue income entry for their "good reasons". Other systems are very up front about the "most money paid to them by the photographer in order to do business with the school" goes on this line item, "photo money".

Pardon me for asking the question but what is the amount extracted from other vendors to the education system?

And then thy send out an ever increasing tax bill--------and smile-------and say ---"do it for the children".

Don't get me started on $300,000 class rooms, "for the children."

These are great! I had a senior graduate this year and we were not happy with and did not order any of the casual shots. We really wanted something with his letter jacket and class ring. He would love the ring picture! I will have another graduate in 2012--I will be sure to check with you then.

These are great! I had a senior graduate this year and we were not happy with and did not order any of the casual shots. We really wanted something with his letter jacket and class ring. He would love the ring picture! I will have another graduate in 2012--I will be sure to check with you then.

The last 4 seniors I photographed in the last 2 months graduated this spring and had the same story.

Don't wait to have the younger child's portraits done while not doing the older child. I will be happy to help right now.

Sincerely, Nicholas

post-6208-1248148427_thumb.jpg

The last 4 seniors I photographed in the last 2 months graduated this spring and had the same story.

Don't wait to have the younger child's portraits done while not doing the older child. I will be happy to help right now.

Sincerely, Nicholas

post-6208-1248148427_thumb.jpg

Can you do the ring picture in an 8 X 10 size? And what would you charge for that?

Also--in September we will need one-year-old pictures. Can you send prices of packages you offer for that?

Thanks.

Can you do the ring picture in an 8 X 10 size? And what would you charge for that?

Also--in September we will need one-year-old pictures. Can you send prices of packages you offer for that?

Thanks.

I can do the "get in your ring" picture in any size you may wish. I usually charge $40 for the design fee only and that does not include the sitting fee or the print cost. Normally if this is all you need the price would be $125.

I can do any size from a locket to a billboard. Just let me know your wishes.

SPECIAL OFFER THROUGH JULY ONLY.

SAVE OVER 50%

GET IN YOUR RING --- 1-8X10 FOR $60.00

I will include a hand full of wallets to share with your friends.

Includes sitting, design fee and final print.

Move up to a 20x24 poster for $100.00 if you book by the end of July.

I have started a Birthday Club which works this way.

Make an appointment for a portrait session within one week before or after the birth date and the session is FREE. Sheets of portraits will be priced at $15 each. How easy is this? This is for adults as well as children.

I also work with special needs children who need more time than the big box stores can or will give you. I also travel to you if that is the best way to capture your precious child.

Nicholas Cole - Photographer

I can do the "get in your ring" picture in any size you may wish. I usually charge $40 for the design fee only and that does not include the sitting fee or the print cost. Normally if this is all you need the price would be $125.

I can do any size from a locket to a billboard. Just let me know your wishes.

SPECIAL OFFER THROUGH JULY ONLY.

SAVE OVER 50%

GET IN YOUR RING --- 1-8X10 FOR $60.00

I will include a hand full of wallets to share with your friends.

Includes sitting, design fee and final print.

Move up to a 20x24 poster for $100.00 if you book by the end of July.

I have started a Birthday Club which works this way.

Make an appointment for a portrait session within one week before or after the birth date and the session is FREE. Sheets of portraits will be priced at $15 each. How easy is this? This is for adults as well as children.

I also work with special needs children who need more time than the big box stores can or will give you. I also travel to you if that is the best way to capture your precious child.

Nicholas Cole - Photographer

My son is working out of town until Friday. If he loves the ring thing as much I think he will I'll call next week for an appointment. The Birthday special sounds good, too. Thanks for the prices.

• 1 month later...