Paulding.com

Eric Knowlton; Rest in Peace

George Eric Knowlton, longtime friend and co-worker passed away last night. Best I can recall, Eric would have been 59 later this year.

I know there are several of our old Surepip Hatchery Equipment Company employees who visit p.com and who knew Eric and his wife Shaune. He worked with us from 1982 until 2003 when we closed everything down.

The Knowltons lived in Paulding off High Shoals Road back in the 1980s, but moved back to his family's homestead off Jim Moore Road in Dacula, between Lawrenceville and Athens in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I can't remember exactly when.

Eric worked with me at Stabil of America in Norcross in the 1970s, and when I ventured off on my own in 1982 he came along with me. Eric traveled the world for many years installing our hatchery equipment in Papua New Guinea, Egypt, Europe, Mexico, Venezuela, Trinidad, and many, many other countries. Where ever he went, the customers were always impressed with him and his work and when they required a serviceman at a later date, they would always request Eric come back. We had many, many fun times together for many, many years. They did not come any better.

We will miss you Eric!

We have received messages from several of Eric's old co-workers and friends. We still do not have all the details, but it appears the viewing will be Tuesday evening at Flannigan's Funeral Home in Buford, and the funeral itself will be Wednesday at 1:00 at either Flannigans or Prince of Peace Catholic Church.

If anyone would like any additional information please feel free to PM me on P.com. For those who knew Eric, he was a special person who always had a kind word for everyone he came in contact with. He will be sorely missed by many.

Thad

aka Surepip

I do not have current contact info for many of those who worked with Eric at Surepip. If anone know how to get in touch with any of the following to let them know, please do.........

Tim King

Henk Lockhorst

John Diggs

Todd Johnson

Sheri Eakley

Phil Hicks, Richard Hicks,

Phillip Kesler

Anthony Sedgeman

Charlie Newton

Katlin Ross

Savannah Howren

Brian Taylor

Andy ?

And several others I can't remember at this point in time. Eric was unique and just a special person who will me missed by many.

These are off the top of my head. We closed everything down back in 2001/2003 and I just don't remember that well this many years later.

Anyone who wants more information about the funeral please feel free to PM me on P.com or send me an email at surepip@aol.com.