Paulding.com

Knife and Blade Sharpening Services and Information

The Blade Sharpening Services that Rigid Knives and Cutlery offers has always been somewhat of a back seat to the sales end of the business and never really advertised it much in the past and had no need to.... but the rescent increase in a little B2B Networking and online advertising (web crawling/analytics) has brought awareness which in turn has brought "word of mouth" which I am grateful for.

I personally want to :D Thank :D all of the local businesses and residents that have trusted to look to and used the service from Rigid Knives and Cutlery.

On a percentage scale, sharpening services for the culinary line is the service that I perform mostly as its the most common needed, then comes sharpening for hunting/pocket knives, scissors/shears and then office paper cutters...

A great alternative to bringing new life to your medium to high end set of kitchen tools!! Even serrated!!

Any blade can be sharpened but its true that blade material/composition and a higher consistancy in metal material makes better results in sharpening and longevity in use in the blades that are of higher grade (= cost)

Remember, running your blades through or along a ceramic/diamond piece is only designed to hone or take the

wire edge off and not sharpen your blade. In alot of cases the edge needs to be reset or microbeveled and then the ceramics/diamonds are used to maintain your edge between uses.

This wire edge formed (a rolledover edge) is most always the reason office paper cutters are sub par at the beginning or middle of the cut. Don't toss them out!!

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have

In alot of cases, local pickup/delivery is offered and have done onsite sharepening services as far as Rome to East Cobb with a nominal fee along with the service.

Standard services start at $3 per blade

Note: All standard sharpening is by hand without grinders or belts and done with whetstones and diamonds.

Damaged blades are the exception so to bring out severe edge nicks, repair broken tips, etc...

Thanks!

Scott

770-755-4929 or 678-761-3074

email: rigidknivescutlery@earthlink.net

• 1 month later...