Paulding.com

Kids Modeling or Acting Beware

Most ad's for Acting or Modeling are nothing more then ploys to get you to spend $1000's of dollars on promoting your children and who knows where are there personal information is going. The same can also be said for young people with musical talent.

The truth is that any good opportunity that can come a young persons way in the entertainment world will not cost you a dollar. Hard work and study of an art is the best way to be ready for real opportunities.

If your child is interested in Acting or Music or even Art you can visit Dallas Cultural Arts at http://www.dallasculturalarts.com or information on Arts education. We are not the only local source for arts education but please do not expose your children to uncontrolled access by crooks.

I'm writing this because once again we spoke to a parent who spent $3500 for someone to take pictures of there child to "shop" her talent to others. This child (super fun and sweet girl) had zero training in any art. In short even if she got an audition for a role or production she would not have known how to audition.. Anyway... be safe and think of your kids first.

Jay Maurice

Dallas Cultural Arts

Visit My Website

Thanks for the reminder. I HATE to see people be sucked into these gimmicks. I have seen some of these children "with potential" and it is really sad. Of course, a parent wants to hear their child is a darling and cute as a button. But, some times the facts do not lie.

I have known many people who have paid out $1000's of dollars when there was NO chance their child would get any type of work in the modeling/acting industry. Any time an agency asks for money up front, RUN. It is a huge RED FLAG!!!!

You offer a service to the community that is a great opportunity for children and adults who have an interest in pursuing their dream.

Thanks for the reminder. I HATE to see people be sucked into these gimmicks. I have seen some of these children "with potential" and it is really sad. Of course, a parent wants to hear their child is a darling and cute as a button. But, some times the facts do not lie.

I have known many people who have paid out $1000's of dollars when there was NO chance their child would get any type of work in the modeling/acting industry. Any time an agency asks for money up front, RUN. It is a huge RED FLAG!!!!

You offer a service to the community that is a great opportunity for children and adults who have an interest in pursuing their dream.

This is so true...Hubby does modeling for Real People in Atlanta and they have told him that in most cases unless you 'know' someone, children don't usually get into the business. You NEVER have to pay to get someone to sign your child with a modeling agency. The only thing you pay for is head shots. The agency PAYS YOU when they get you work, that's the only time money changes hands. Often parents are so eager for fame and fortune it's easy to fall in the trap of, 'your child has 'it' and for a fee of... we'll sign them. NOPE it doesn't work that way.

Edited by momof 3