Paulding.com

A few words from your local mower repair man..

If your lawn machine has a METAL gas tank and it has rusted on the inside from water getting into it, please be advised.....I CANNOT guarantee the work I do. Once a metal tank has begun to rust, there is NO WAY to stop it. The tank must be replaced and the damage to the carburetor is most likely too severe to rebuild it. I have had some customers bring me some equipment that was rusted out and simply beyond repair....or the labor and parts would cost more than just buying a new one. Please keep this in mind before bringing me any metal gas tank equipment. If it's all plastic, then no problem, but older metal tanks....once the rust has started it will NOT ever stop...this is a matter of physics. It would only take 1-3 months and you would have enough rust back in there to clog your carb.

This does NOT include those little push mowers that use metal gas tanks, because I have a few good spare tanks with no rust in them I could swap out. I am referring mostly to OLDER tillers and such. And while a standard shop would charge you at least $25 to tell you this, I do not charge for this info...but I could get a lot more work done if you folks know this ahead of time, and save me the time of finding out after spending a half hour checking things out.

In fact, I am narrowing my business down to lawn mowers only, because of the finicky nature of weed eaters and other equipment of that size. those carbs are finicky, and costly to repair. Weed eaters are cheap and can be bought brand new for less than $100.....why spend $60-70 on a rebuild when 20-30 more dollars can get you a new one???? Most weed eaters and blowers (especially Ryobi's) are like Bic lighters. They are not designed to work on, and their purpose is for you to go out and buy a new one, given the cost of a repair.

If you have a push mower that has a Briggs and Straton engine on it....then by all means...call me. They are the best around, and most cost effective to fix. There are many makes of mowers, but it all comes down to the ENGINE that is on it. I can fix a Briggs in my sleep....Toro's not much trouble either....Honda's and other Japanese models tend to require NEW carburetors when they go down. The carbs aint cheap, but I can gladly put you one on there for a lot less labor than trying to rebuild an older one.

But Briggs and Stratton...piece of cake. Keep this in kind when you go out purchase a brand new one. Tecumseh is basically out of business....and for good reason. Stay away from those....they suck for the most part, the business is bankrupt, and they are a pain in the arse to work on.

Just some helpful tips from your local mower dude. ;)

??? do u sharpen and/or change blades on a riding mower? how much$$$ ,y hubby keeps saying it needs to be done, but......

I do both, depending on how much damage as to whether or not it needs new blades. You'd have to be able to bring it over though.....unless you have NEW blades, which I can come by and change at your location.