Paulding.com

The Paulding.com News for Friday, April 17, 2009

One bit of news regarding the Ledford trial is actually no-news... i.e. that the trial will go on.

That news was that a deal was reached between the public defenders office and the defense attorney's in the trial for payment of some $60,000 due them for their defense.

pubby

Great job on the news. Thanks so much for covering the CASA Light of Hope and showing the Boys and Girls Club performing the song - they were wonderful! We had a nice turn out and really appreciate Mayor Rollins being our guest speaker.....and I got a great hug from LPPT! :D

Martha Carver, dir CASA Paulding

aka penguin

Martha, it was a pleasure to be at the event, I was touched as I looked around at the faces of the people there.

I can only imagine the pain of knowing the intimate struggles of children and families, and having the strength to do what needs to be done to make it right.

I truly felt surrounded by the unsung heroes of our community, the people that are sacrificing and working hard to make a better community for the future, I could have hugged everyone there, because they are truly deserving for what they do every day.

Martha, it was a pleasure to be at the event, I was touched as I looked around at the faces of the people there.

I can only imagine the pain of knowing the intimate struggles of children and families, and having the strength to do what needs to be done to make it right.

I truly felt surrounded by the unsung heroes of our community, the people that are sacrificing and working hard to make a better community for the future, I could have hugged everyone there, because they are truly deserving for what they do every day.

Thanks so much :wub: - Paulding really is a wonderful and very caring community - like Mayor Rollins said. :)