Paulding.com

Marcelle Carruth Schreiber, age 76, of Dallas, passed away on Thursday, April 16, 2009. She was born in Paulding County, on September 11, 1932, and was preceded in death by her parents, Elmer & Gertrude Nix Carruth, and a son, Alan Schreiber. Mrs. Schreiber was a member of New Canaan Baptist Church. She worked for New Beginnings Day Care for 22 years.

Survivors include her husband of 56 years, John R. Schreiber;

son & daughter-in-law, Tim & Leigh Schreiber of Dallas; sisters, Geneva Blevins of Lithia Springs, and Janette Royston of Atlanta; grandchildren, Brian Schreiber of Dallas, and Mandy Puckett & husband, Mark of Canton; great-grandchildren, Emma Puckett and Daniel Puckett; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Sunday, April 19, 2009, at 2:00 pm, from Clark Funeral Home Chapel, with Dr. Ken Ellison and Reverend Don Rackley officiating. Interment will follow in New Canaan Baptist Church Cemetery. Lee Blevins, Jeff Blevins, Mick Royston, James Royston, David Carruth, and Todd Daniels will serve as pallbearers, with E. D. Daniels and Larry Nix serving as honorary pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Saturday from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Edited by Clark Funeral Home

My prayers go out to the rest of the family. While I'm related by marriage, I knew this sweet family way before that. There is no doubt where this fine lady is today. While those of us left here will truely miss her, you know that there is a rejoiceful reunion going on in heaven!

We love you John, Tim, Leigh, and Brian!

I worked with Marcelle so very long ago at New Beginnings. It was my first job. She was such a sweet lady. I haven't seen her since then. I was only 16 years old and it was my summer job. But I thoroughly enjoyed myself. She really loved those kids!

She will be missed.

The world has lost a loving, kind, generous and gentle person.

I feel her loss from far, far away and send my love to Uncle John, Tim, Leigh, Brian, Mandy, Mark, Emma and Daniel.

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Michelle (in London)