Paulding.com

I don't have a tattoo, but I am curious about the procedure and safety issues as far as the needles and color pots.

I know you use new fresh needles, but what about the colors?

Do you reuse the "color pots?

Do you use new sealed color pots for every new customer?

The reason I am asking is I have been told the colors if reused over and over can transmit diseases.

I thank you for taking time to answer my questions.

I don't have a tattoo, but I am curious about the procedure and safety issues as far as the needles and color pots.

I know you use new fresh needles, but what about the colors?

Do you reuse the "color pots?

Do you use new sealed color pots for every new customer?

The reason I am asking is I have been told the colors if reused over and over can transmit diseases.

I thank you for taking time to answer my questions.

Feel free to come in for a tour of the tattoo studio and I will be more than happy to go over all of this with you. I could type five pages on safety/health/our procedures and I just don't have time to do that right now but yes everything is tossed after each client. Everything we use in the tattoo procedure is disposable ... the needles are placed into biohazard containers (they are of course one time use only). Our tattoo studio is the most professional in the county, I am proud & confident enough to say that.

As much as I make the procedure safe for my client, I make it safe for myself and my family ...

The Illustrator Tattoo

211 Main St

Dallas, GA 30132

770-445-8000

~ Also, your subject reads "Tattoo Artists" - not all tattoo artists have the same work ethic so I would check out the studio that they work at to ensure they are up tp par.

Feel free to come in for a tour of the tattoo studio and I will be more than happy to go over all of this with you. I could type five pages on safety/health/our procedures and I just don't have time to do that right now but yes everything is tossed after each client. Everything we use in the tattoo procedure is disposable ... the needles are placed into biohazard containers (they are of course one time use only). Our tattoo studio is the most professional in the county, I am proud & confident enough to say that.

As much as I make the procedure safe for my client, I make it safe for myself and my family ...

The Illustrator Tattoo

211 Main St

Dallas, GA 30132

770-445-8000

Thank you Sage, I love your work that I have seen on here P.com.

Whew! I am relieved to know this. I have many tattooed loved ones and was concerned about dipping a clean needle into a color that had been used in a previous tattooing. I had been told contamination is an issue in a class I attended at the VA.

I would think the Tattoo artistry as a whole are up to speed with safety these days. Tattooing has come a long way in keeping customers safe.

So, if you see the artist dip a clean needle into a color used on the last customer......run!

Thank you Sage, I love your work that I have seen on here P.com.

Whew! I am relieved to know this. I have many tattooed loved ones and was concerned about dipping a clean needle into a color that had been used in a previous tattooing. I had been told contamination is an issue in a class I attended at the VA.

I would think the Tattoo artistry as a whole are up to speed with safety these days. Tattooing has come a long way in keeping customers safe.

So, if you see the artist dip a clean needle into a color used on the last customer......run!

It's no problem! Like I said before, just because one tattoo artist has a good work ethic, that doesn't mean all tattoo artists do so if someone is making the choice to be tattooed then it is also their responsibility to choose a professional shop. There is no reason to settle for less when you can go to a great shop!

:)

2009, 12:27 PM' post='2623861']

It's no problem! Like I said before, just because one tattoo artist has a good work ethic, that doesn't mean all tattoo artists do so if someone is making the choice to be tattooed then it is also their responsibility to choose a professional shop. There is no reason to settle for less when you can go to a great shop!

:)

[/color]

Great advice!!