Paulding.com

Super Bowl Party

Super Bowl Party Time

Have fun at this Year’s Super Bowl party by letting us do the work. We can provide the best food that will make your friends say “WOW”. Rodney’s has the best Wings on the planet, Veggie trays, and have you ever tried the Cheese Ball? Just ask Elaine Willingham how good this is. Anything you want just call us but here are some more suggestions: Pigs in a Blanket with Hot Mustard and Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, BBQ Meatballs, Rodney’s Homemade Salsa and Chips, Cheesy Salsa, Spicy Chili Cheese Dip. There is no limit to what Rodney can prepare so if you dream it up and want to be unique just call us and we’ll make it happen. We close on Sunday at 3:00 but will be working late to fill Super Bowl orders so we can make arrangements for pick up even after we close or Rodney will even deliver. Call (770) 445-5114 to insure accuracy of your order, but remember orders can be picked up at either of our Rodney’s locations; New Hope or Hiram.

See ya at Rodney’s.

Super Bowl Party Time

Have fun at this Year’s Super Bowl party by letting us do the work. We can provide the best food that will make your friends say “WOW”. Rodney’s has the best Wings on the planet, Veggie trays, and have you ever tried the Cheese Ball? Just ask Elaine Willingham how good this is. Anything you want just call us but here are some more suggestions: Pigs in a Blanket with Hot Mustard and Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, BBQ Meatballs, Rodney’s Homemade Salsa and Chips, Cheesy Salsa, Spicy Chili Cheese Dip. There is no limit to what Rodney can prepare so if you dream it up and want to be unique just call us and we’ll make it happen. We close on Sunday at 3:00 but will be working late to fill Super Bowl orders so we can make arrangements for pick up even after we close or Rodney will even deliver. Call (770) 445-5114 to insure accuracy of your order, but remember orders can be picked up at either of our Rodney’s locations; New Hope or Hiram.

See ya at Rodney’s.

This is a great idea Rodney and I will certainly be ordering from you - this will give me more time to clean my house! :lol: Will you be able to accomodate special orders? I found several recipes on foodnetwork.com for the Super Bowl that look really good. Would you be able to make those if I tell you which ones I am interested in?

This is a great idea Rodney and I will certainly be ordering from you - this will give me more time to clean my house! :lol: Will you be able to accomodate special orders? I found several recipes on foodnetwork.com for the Super Bowl that look really good. Would you be able to make those if I tell you which ones I am interested in?

**hijack**

How about sharing the recipes you liked (just the link) with the rest of us? Thanks.

**end of hijack**

**hijack**

How about sharing the recipes you liked (just the link) with the rest of us? Thanks.

**end of hijack**

Sure - here is the first one I found on the Food Network site that looks wonderful:

SLOPPY JOES WITH MAUI ONION STRAWS

Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri for Food Network Magazine

Ingredients

FOR THE SLOPPY JOES:

• 1/4 cup canola oil

• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced

• 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced

• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined and diced

• 1 red onion, diced

• 1 pound ground beef

• 1 pound ground pork

• 2 tablespoons minced garlic

• 1/4 cup red wine

• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar

• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

• 1 tablespoon paprika

• 1 teaspoon ground cumin

• 1 teaspoon dry mustard

• 1 6-ounce can tomato paste

• 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce

• 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar

• 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

• 24 slider rolls or sweet Hawaiian rolls

FOR THE ONION STRAWS:

• 2 cups canola oil

• 1 large egg

• 1/2 cup milk

• 2 cups all-purpose flour

• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

• 1 teaspoon paprika

• 1 teaspoon garlic powder

• Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper

• 1 sweet onion (Maui or Vidalia)

Directions

Prepare the sloppy joes: In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, combine the canola oil, bell peppers, jalapeno and onion; cook for 5 minutes. Add the beef and pork; cook thoroughly, breaking up the meat as it browns. Add the garlic. Depending on the amount of residual grease, you may need to drain some of the fat from the pan. Deglaze with the red wine, then stir in the remaining sloppy joe ingredients (except the rolls) and season with 1 tablespoon each salt and freshly ground pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. If the sauce gets too thick as it simmers, add up to 1 cup water to adjust the consistency. Toast the rolls and set aside.

Meanwhile, prepare the onion straws: In a medium sauce pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees. Whisk the egg and milk in a medium bowl. Mix the flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper in another medium bowl. Cut the onion in half, then slice into -inch-thick half rings; separate into short straw-like pieces. Add to the milk mixture to soak.

Once the oil is hot enough, remove the onions from the milk mixture, shake off excess and dredge in the flour mixture, 4 or 5 pieces at a time. Add to the pot and fry until golden brown; transfer to paper towels to drain.

Serve the sloppy joes on the toasted rolls and top with onion straws.

Of course. Just let us know as soon as possible. You know Rodney likes to plan ahead!