Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Burgess

Johnny Howard Burgess, age 54, of Temple, GA passed away on Tuesday, January 6, 2009. He was born on August 9, 1954 in Delano, TN to the late J. W. and Barbara Burgess. He was a maintenance mechanic for 34 years and was with Revest Corp. for 7 years and was a member of New Covenant Fellowship Church in Dallas, GA. He was preceded in death by his brother, Willie Burgess.

Survivors include his wife of 33 years, Susie Burgess; a son, Tim Burgess of Temple, GA; a daughter and son-in-law, Connie and Brad Brinkley of Rockmart, GA; a brother, Eddie Burgess of Ellijay, GA; a sister-in-law, Debbie Burgess of Dallas, GA; his grandmother, Evelyn Burgess of Ellijay, GA; a grandchild, Ashlin Brinkley; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 3:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA with Rev. Joe Prichard officiating. The interment will follow in Melrose Hills Memorial Park. The family will receive friends on Wednesday from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. and Thursday all day until the service time. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Susie, Connie, and Tim, Our hearts are breaking for you right now and you are all in our prayers. I know this has been a long struggle for your family but know Johnny is in Gods arms now and not in any more pain. We love you and will be praying for all of you :wub:

Adam & Charity

Susie, Connie, Brad, Ashlin and Tim,

Trey and I send our deepest sympathy. We have kept your family in our thought and prayers often in the last few years and Trey asks about Johnny often. I was saddened to read this today but know his struggle is over and now he is resting with our Lord.

Love in Christ,

The Stovers

Johnny is at peace now. He suffered so much but we know he is in God's arms now. Johnny was a blessing to everyone who had the pleasure to know him especially for us at New Covenant Fellowship Church and will be missed for a long time to come. Susie, Connie, Tim, Brad, Ashlin and all the family you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all. May God bless and keep you in the days to come.

I'm sad to hear about Johnny.

My prayers are for the family, especially timmy and connie. I know how it is to lose my dad also. Though, I'm sure Johnny and Dad are doing a little catching up right now in heaven! :)

Know that it does get easier, but you never forget.

Love you guys!

Matt