Paulding.com

John Arthur “Pop” Bankston, age 70, of Hiram, GA, passed away on Monday, December 1, 2008. He was born in Atlanta, October 20, 1938,

to the late, Paul Danforth Bankston and the late, Dora Loulis Bankston. Mr. Bankston was a Veteran of the U. S. Army and a member of the Ben Hill Masonic Lodge. He was a Paint Technician with Precision Paints for 32 years.

Survivors include his wife of 45 years, Nellie Odell Bankston; daughters & sons-in-law, Paula & Mark Smith of Douglasville, and Missy & Felton Anderson of Powder Springs; sister, Mary Jane Kashura of Smithton, PA; brother, Fred Bankston of Perryopolis, PA; grandchildren, Kristen & Raymond Hobbs, Joshua Anderson, and Grace Smith; great-grandchildren, Connor Hobbs, Colton Hobbs, and John Hobbs; nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be held on Wednesday, December 3, 2008,

at 2:30pm, from Clark Funeral Home Chapel, with Dr. James Burdette

officiating. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday from 12:00noon until the service time.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA is in charge of the arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. I worked with him at the high school and he was a very strong man always trying to do more then he should. I enjoyed working with him. He seemed to be doing so good the last time I seen him at Ryan's and he told me to go clean his table! He was always so proud of his grandchildren. I heard about this today and was really saddened to hear it. Everyone at the school is also sending their condolences to you and to his wife. If your mom needs anyone to help her, let me know.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. I worked with him at the high school and he was a very strong man always trying to do more then he should. I enjoyed working with him. He seemed to be doing so good the last time I seen him at Ryan's and he told me to go clean his table! He was always so proud of his grandchildren. I heard about this today and was really saddened to hear it. Everyone at the school is also sending their condolences to you and to his wife. If your mom needs anyone to help her, let me know.

Thank you so much! He was just crazy about all you folks at school. It was more than a job to him. As far as doing more than he should.....that was the kind gentleman that he was. He would break his neck to open doors and do other things for people. So giving.....he will be so missed. Can't imagine him not being here!

Like my sister said he was crazy about yall! Telling you to go clean his table! :lol: That sounds so like him kidding around. Thanks for the smile.

Our father's service was a beautiful success. The turn out would have definitely impressed dad. Family from all around, principals and friends from Hiram High School (he retired recently from the custodian dept), friends and neighbors that lived in our Marietta neighborhood for years, friends that I have grown up with, an amazing amount of good friends from church, and on and on. The compassion of the people we saw, sent messages etc. has been totally amazing!!!!! All I can say is THANK YOU< THANK YOU!!!!!! I am truly blessed!

Our father's service was a beautiful success. The turn out would have definitely impressed dad. Family from all around, principals and friends from Hiram High School (he retired recently from the custodian dept), friends and neighbors that lived in our Marietta neighborhood for years, friends that I have grown up with, an amazing amount of good friends from church, and on and on. The compassion of the people we saw, sent messages etc. has been totally amazing!!!!! All I can say is THANK YOU< THANK YOU!!!!!! I am truly blessed!

Very well said sis!

Yes they are and thank you for your thoughts. Here's a pic of him with a couple of the kids.

PopandKids.jpg

Dear Missy, Paula,

so sorry to hear about your Dad. He looks exactly the same all the years I have known him. I left you a private response on the funeral home website. I hope you got it. Your family is very special people and good neighbors to my Grandparents ( J.W.and Lillian). We will miss having him in this world. The family will be in my hearts and prayers during this difficult time.

christy

Edited by cougarcoach