Paulding.com

Curtis Walter Phillips, 80, of Mableton, passed away on Thursday, August 28, 2008. He was born in Paulding County on

August 2, 1928, and was preceded in death by his parents,

Walter Wesley Phillips & Anna Bell Freeman Phillips, and a son, Charlie Phillips. Mr. Phillips was a member of Mt. Harmony Baptist Church.

Survivors include his wife of 62 years, Irma Lee Phillips; son & daughter-in-law, Lamar & Monica Phillips of Hiram; daughter & son-in-law, Joyce & Buddy Kirk of Kennesaw; brother, James “Cotton”

Phillips of Hiram; four grandchildren; and ten great-grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held on Saturday, August 30, 2008, at 2:00pm, from Clark Funeral Home, with Brother Robert Long officiating. Interment will follow in Mt. Harmony Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Friday from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Curtis and Irma were our 1st landlords when we moved to Paulding County in 1995. They rented us a little duplex on Phillips-Lee Rd. One of the nicest men we ever met. Condolances to the Phillips family.

Tom and Jodie Moody

• 3 weeks later...
It's time to rest Popaw. I love you.

Prayers for you and your family. I was so sadden to hear this, Mr. Phillips was very a kind man

and always smiling. Mr.and Mrs. Phillips have brought us some of the best tomatoes

I've ever eaten, several times through out the summer for so many years. The last time was a little over a month ago, I left the side door unlocked that evening at work and when I walked up front I saw a box full of them, I knew right off who they were from. I wish you comfort at this

time. I know he will be missed by many.