Paulding.com

Lucille Welch December 15, 2004

Wanted to post about my grandmother that passed away this week.

Lucille Coggins Welch

Born November 18, 1920

Died December 15, 2004

She had three children: Gary Welch of Bremen, Shirley Welch Jacobs of Dallas, and John Welch of Douglasville.

Six Grandchildren: Gary Welch, Christopher Welch, Misty Welch, Heather Jacobs Shutley, Jennifer Jacobs Presley, and Mark Jacobs.

Three Greatgrandchildren: Dylan Presley, Joshua Presley, and Jacob Shutley.

She was a member of Tabernacle Baptist Church in Hiram, GA since the church began in 1977. She worked for Paulding Memorial for several years until she had to retire - I believe around 1980. She had spent the last ten years at the Brian Center Nursing Home in Powder Springs following a stroke.

"Granny", as we called her, moved in with us shortly after our parents divorced to help take care of my brother, sister, and I while our mom worked as a nurse at Cobb Hospital. She cooked and cleaned as well as made sure the three of us got up and ready for school each morning. The thing I remember most was her biscuits. She made the best biscuits ever.

She was a wonderful woman and will be greatly missed by all who knew her.

Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home was in charge of the services. Rev. Scott Patrick officiated the service. Music was provided by the grandchildren, Mark, Heather, and Jennifer. Matt Shutley and Charles Smith also provided music.

Pallbearers were Mark Jacobs, Matt Shutley, Bobby Presley, Keith Brawner, Lee Mathews, and Charles Smith.