Paulding.com

William Curtis Anderson, age 77, of Powder Springs, passed away on Monday, March 17, 2008. He was born in Augusta, on November 8, 1930, and was preceded in death by his parents, James H. & Maggie Reynolds Anderson, and sisters, Margie Britt and Francis Taylor. Mr. Anderson was an Air Force veteran of the Korean Conflict, and later served in the Air National Guard 116th Tactical Fighter Wing, where he retired as Senior Master Sergeant Fabrication Shop Supervisor, after more than 32 years of total service. Mr. Anderson was a member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church, where he served as a deacon, and he enjoyed the church fellowship.

Survivors include his wife of 53 years, Barbara Jean Pye Anderson of Powder Springs; sons & daughters-in-law, Michael C. & Jennie Anderson of Powder Springs, W. Mark & Patricia Anderson of Taylorsville, R. Kevin Anderson of Villa Rica, and Joseph K. & Sherri Anderson of Hiram; daughter & son-in-law, Rebecca Lynn & James Karlovich of Kingston; brothers & sisters-in-law, James E. & Joyce Anderson of Marietta, Charles V. & Marie Anderson of Lawrenceville, and Gerald W. Anderson of Adairsville; sister, Juanita Bolch of Adairsville; grandchildren, Curt Anderson of Powder Springs, Ted Killian of Cartersville, Tray Anderson, HannahAnderson & Lydia Anderson all of Villa Rica, Jakob Anderson of Hiram, Meghan Karlovich & Wyatt Karlovich both of Kingston; great-grandchildren, Caleb Anderson , Taylor Anderson & Lora Anderson all of Sumter, SC, and Destiny Killian of Taylorsville; and special niece, Suzanne Lucas of Woodstock.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, March 20, 2008, at 2:00pm, from Poplar Springs Baptist Church, with Dr. Tim Walker officiating. Interment will follow in Paulding Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday from 4:00pm until 8:00pm.

Flowers will be accepted or contributions may be made to the Poplar Springs Baptist Church Building Fund, 184 Hiram-Douglasville Hwy., Hiram, GA 30141.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, Ga. is in charge of arrangements.

I am so saddened to hear this about Bro. Bill Anderson. He was such a sweet, sweet man. All who knew him couldn't help but love him. My prayers go out to Barbara (another sweetheart), the rest of the family, friends and of course the PSB Church family. Rest in peace Bro. Bill. I know God has special plans for you! :( :wub: :(

Brother Bill was a wonderful man. An example of a good Christian. He tried to live what he believed.

He was both a mentor and a student. I looked to him on as an example of how to be a Deacon, but had him as a student in Sunday school. He'll be missed by the folks at Poplar Springs and the community.