Paulding.com

Shad English 9/5/81 - 9/15/2002

Seven years ago tonight Shad was murdered. His case still remains unsolved. I've been playing this night over and over in my head all day today. I may never know what happened to him. Maybe it's too much for me to handle. Whatever the reason, God is protecting me from it. I still want to know. I won't rest until I do. Shad was a true blessing to me. I was lucky to have him for a brother although I wish we could have had more time together. He would have turned 28 last Saturday. He would probably be married by now and possibly have children. He did live his life to the fullest but was still cheated of his future. Please say a prayer tonight that his case will be solved. He deserves that. The first time I saw his body I promised him I would find out who was responsible for killing him. So far I haven't been able to keep that promise. That burns me up inside.

Rest in Peace my buddy! I love and miss you always and forever!

Is anything being done right now to solve the case? After 7 years you think someone would have talked about it to someone they know. Would it help to call all of the local news stations and get them to do a report on the unsolved murder case in Paulding. Seems like if someone knows about it after 7 years they might want to fess up to who done it. If there is a reward and someone knows the murderer, the economy is bad, they may be willing to talk after 7 years.....

So sorry about your brother, I know it must be hard to deal with. Was this a publisized murder?

R.I.P. Shad...I will never forget were I was at when it was showing on the news before I found out that it was him. I was at the hospital my niece was born that morning. When my brother and I did find out that it was Shad. Him and I set on the couch crying. Shad is missed by a lot of people. You know that I will say a prayer for you and your family before I go to bed. If you need anything just let me know.

Edited by jenleigh019
Was this a publisized murder?

Yes, it was shown on the local news, Georgia's Most Wanted and the Montel Williams show. You probably remember hearing about it. Shad and his cousin were both murdered, placed in the trunk of a car and the car was set on fire. They dropped the car on I-20 close to I-285. Because of the location, the case belongs to Atlanta Homicide. Until they can prove the murder took place in Paulding (which they do believe it did) the case will not be investigated here in Paulding.

Thanks everyone for your prayers.

The pain we all felt in our hearts is still the same the day we heard. It angers me to know that the people responsible for this still walk the street. However I do find peace that they will serve punishment for eternity. I miss his beautiful eyes and his silly laugh. He was a wonderful person and I am glad I had the chance to know him. Love you Shad