Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Rakestraw

Pastor Lloyd Rakestraw, age 82, of Austell, passed away on Wednesday, March 7, 2007. He was born on October 15, 1924 in Paulding Co. to the late Frank and Vella Owens Rakestraw. He was pastor of Mt. Vernon Baptist Church in Hiram for 17 years. He was also co-owner of R & R Motors in Austell for 10 years. He was preceded in death by his brothers, Thomas and Cephes Rakestraw and his sister, Gladys Rakestraw Bivens.

Surviving are his wife of 61 years, Martha Coker Rakestraw; a son and daughter-in-law, Tommy and Linda Rakestraw of Powder Springs; granddaughter, Monica Tanner and her husband, Andy of Dallas; a sister, Lorene Rakestraw Perdue of Austell; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Friday, March 9, 2007 at 2:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home in Hiram with Pastor Hugh Parson and Pastor Glen Townsend officiating. The interment will follow in New Canaan Baptist Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Thursday from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Rest in peace Preacher Lloyd. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mrs. Martha and his beloved granddaughter Monica. He married my husband and I almost 10 years ago.

Just over eight years ago for my husband and I. We asked for a short and sweet ceremony, and he gave it to us. Four minutes and twenty one seconds from beginning to end, and it still makes me smile when I think about it. People still joke about it being the quickest wedding ceremony they had ever been too - someone *really* showed up five minutes late and missed the entire thing. I couldn't have asked for anything better. :)