Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Buffington

Lyle Anthony Buffington, age 20, of Dallas, passed away on Sunday, April 9, 2006. He was born on August 19,1985 in Marietta. He was a member of New Canaan Baptist Church.

Surviving are his father, Charles Anthony Buffington of Rome, GA; his mother and step-father, Cathy Hale and Terry Brooks of Dallas; a brother and sister-in-law, Randall Wayne and Amie Collins of Woodstock; a sister, Jamie Lynn Collins of Cartersville, GA; grandparents, Glenda and W. L. Sims of Rome, GA; grandmother, Peggy Buffington of Stockbridge, GA; grandfather, Charles L. Buffington of Buchanan, GA.

Funeral services will be held on Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 2:00 p.m. from Clark Funeral Home with Reverend Lee Smollar officiating. The interment will follow in Paulding Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends on Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. and on Wednesday from 4:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA in charge of arrangements.

I know 2 days ago there was a 20 year old killed in a motorcycle accident in Douglasville. Could that be him?

Prayers being said for the family. So very sad.

I believe that him and another boy/man was in an accident on Macland Rd. The other boy from what I understand (Kerry) isn't aware of the death...he is in ICU.

I will try and find the original post in a minute.

I was an intern at New Canaan's youth ministry when Lyle was a middle school student. I saw his name at the funeral home on my way to church last night. i just prayed it wasn't Lyle, maybe someone else. He was the kind of Kid you could never forget. Probably one of the funniest kids I ever knew and a heart of Gold.

Edited by cwcyouthguy