Paulding.com

Rev. Bill Byrd

Guest publisher

Rev. W. F. "Bill" Byrd, author of the book on Paulding entitled "Reflections", a retired Methodist minister, WWII Veteran, a local businessman and a long time supporter and director of the Paulding County Historical Society died suddenly Sunday during services at the Dallas First United Methodist Church. Byrd was 83, born on January 12, 1922 in Paulding.

Rev. Byrd is at Benson Funeral Home and visitation will be Tuesday and Wednesday nights 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. and the funeral will be Thursday at Dallas First United Methodist Church at 1:30 p.m. Internment will be at the Dallas City Cemetery with the Rev. Dick Harris presiding.

Rev. W. F. "Bill" Byrd, author of the book on Paulding entitled "Reflections", a retired Methodist minister, WWII Veteran, a local businessman and a long time supporter and director of the Paulding County Historical Society died suddenly Sunday during services at the Dallas First United Methodist Church. Byrd was 83, born on January 12, 1922 in Paulding.

Rev. Byrd is at Benson Funeral Home and visitation will be Tuesday and Wednesday nights 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. and the funeral will be Thursday at Dallas First United Methodist Church at 1:30 p.m. Internment will be at the Dallas City Cemetery with the Rev. Dick Harris presiding.

CAN YOU THINK OF A BETTER PLACE TO DIE? HE WAS SITTING IN HIS USUAL PEW BUT FAILED TO STAND FOR THE OPENING SONG. DR RAY CALLED FOR ME, AND I IMMEDIATELY BEGAN CPR BEING ASSISTED BY RN WIFE AND SOME OTHER MEMBERS. WE WERE ABLE TO KEEP HIM ALIVE UNTIL THE MEDICS ARRIVED. HE EITHER DIED ON HIS WAY TO THE HOSPITAL OR SHORTLY AFTER ARRIVING.

I HAVE KNOWN REV BYRD FOR YEARS AS A FRIEND AND DEVOUT CHRISTIAN!!

• 1 year later...

I know this is delayed but i used to be a waitress at western sizzlin. Mr. Byrd used to come in all the time. I am in shock to find this out 2 years later. :(