Paulding.com

Ten megaprojects being built in the world today

Published on Nov 25, 2014

A documentary on the ten mostambitious mega-projects currently under developmentaround the world, featuring: Dubai World Central Airport(United Arab Emirates); Songdo International BusinessDistrict (South Korea); Tokyo-Osaka Maglev Train(Japan); Masdar City (United Arab Emirates); The GrandCanal (Nicaragua); National Trunk Highway System(China); International Thermonuclear ExperimentalReactor [iTER] - Fusion (France); World's TallestBuilding (Azerbaijan); Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor(India); King Abdullah Economic City (Saudi Arabia)

It is fascinating to see what folks are doing in therest of the world while we argue over the modestexpansion of our small airport to accept smallcommercial airplanes. 

Click for RECENTTOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENTTOPICS

Weeelll, now, their tax base is slightly bigger than ours. But I've have a problem with theirs if they did everything in a hush-hush-you-silly-little-taxpayers manner.

Very interesting list, though. Azerbaijan with the world's tallest building. Huh.

Weeelll, now, their tax base is slightly bigger than ours. But I've have a problem with theirs if they did everything in a hush-hush-you-silly-little-taxpayers manner.

Very interesting list, though. Azerbaijan with the world's tallest building. Huh.

Really? Their tax base is bigger than ours? ....

Haven't you read the headlines ... we're producing more oil than they are now.

And if our tax base is so puny, why are we spending more on military preparedness than the next 10 countries - of which at least 8 are allies?

pubby

PS: I get it ... you were talking about Paulding County's tax base :) so yeah ... smaller tax base. What I did get from the discussion though was that they are about building airports in the center of things ... not off in the boonies.

In America you're lucky if you can persuade the "Conservatives" to fix our crumbling bridges.

They're afraid to spend money on things like that ... Why? Bridges make it possible for people to go places and they're all about people not only knowing their place ... but staying in their place in the social order. That is the reason that they never even want to address the issues that restrict social mobility; you know like the regressive tax regime so that the young and poor pay high taxes while the rich avoid them through things like capital gains and elimination of inheritance taxes on all estates valued $10 million or above.

pubby

They're afraid to spend money on things like that ... Why? Bridges make it possible for people to go places and they're all about people not only knowing their place ... but staying in their place in the social order. That is the reason that they never even want to address the issues that restrict social mobility; you know like the regressive tax regime so that the young and poor pay high taxes while the rich avoid them through things like capital gains and elimination of inheritance taxes on all estates valued $10 million or above.

pubby

Yea but offer them a 200 billion dollar warplane and they wet their pants with excitement.

Yea but offer them a 200 billion dollar warplane and they wet their pants with excitement.

That is because they support the racket economy war economy perpetual war US Economy ... you know as in 'war is racket and perpetual war is a perpetual racket' ... Here's a link.

BTW: The word is we are headed to war with Iran. Seems our right wingers have good connections to right wingers there and they figure if they can cooperate to create an 'incident' ... they can thwart peace and keep themselves first in line at the trough.

pubby

That is because they support the racket economy war economy perpetual war US Economy ... you know as in 'war is racket and perpetual war is a perpetual racket' ... Here's a link.

BTW: The word is we are headed to war with Iran. Seems our right wingers have good connections to right wingers there and they figure if they can cooperate to create an 'incident' ... they can thwart peace and keep themselves first in line at the trough.

pubby

Iran seizes cargo ship: British national among 24 sailors on board captured Maersk Tigris

Nice love fest you two are having. But I support tax dollars spent for infrastructure support...IMHO, it's one of the legitimate roles of federal government. I just don't like the pork that often gets attached to the bill.

But carry on. ;)

Mei Lan ...

support for any infrastructure improvements disqualify you as a libertarian, but I'm sure you know that. You also probably know that most libertarians insist on pure ideological interpretation to the point of dancing with anarchy and its forms.

The notion that there is pork attached is the problem fails to acknowledge that infrastructure improvements are, by definition, pure pork.

pubby

Well, I can't be put in a specific category...not a large-l libertarian, def. not a traditional GOPer, either. I know what you're saying about the pork, but I don't see that as pork...I just see it as necessary (federal $$$ for federal roads, state $$$ for state roads, at least as far as that can go).