Paulding.com

Stella Mae Leggett - November 24, 1927 - January 5, 2015

Stella Mae Leggett, age 87, of Hiram, GA, passed away on Monday, January 5, 2015. She was born on November 24, 1927, in Cohutta, GA, to the late Lee & Berl Bell, and she was preceded in death by her husband, Willis Frank Leggett. Mrs. Leggett was a member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church.

Survivors include son, Freddie Potts of Dallas, GA; Sandra, Heather and Kayla Jules Smith of Powder Springs, GA; Tracy Carney & family of Dallas, GA; Kevin Leggett & family of Dallas, GA; Jenica Carter, Alyssa McElwany, Mason McElwany & family of Powder Springs, GA; numerous nephews and nieces.

Graveside services will be held on Wednesday, January 7, 2015, at 2:00 PM, from Peaceful Meadows Memorial Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday, January 7, 2015, from 11:00 AM until 1:30 PM.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. (www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

I hate to hear about Ms. Stella. Any of the old time skaters at Sparkles (70's and 80's) will remember her working in the concession stand. And of course, I have known Freddie just about all of my life (along with the Carters).