Paulding.com

Dorothy N. Bennett, age 74, of Hiram, GA passed away on Friday, August 16, 2013 at her residence. She was a homemaker and former member of Pine Grove Baptist Church. Mrs. Bennett was preceded in death by her parents; Earnest and Carrie New; son, Richard Levern Bennett and daughter, Kara Donna Bennett.

She is survived by her husband, Richard Lee Bennett of Hiram, GA., sons, Dan Bennett of Dallas, GA., Ronnie and Melanie Bennett of Dallas, GA and daughter, Melissa Bennett of Dallas, GA., grandchildren; Carrie House and Ms. Jamie C. Bennett of Dallas, GA, Richard Wesley House, Katie Silvers and Savannah Silvers of Hiram, GA; great-grandchildren, MacKenzie Brown and Chadwick Alyeyer of Dallas, GA; sister, Edith New Brown, of Mableton, GA; sisters-in-law, Blanche New of Powder Springs, GA and Barbara New of Heflin, AL; many nieces and nephews.

Memorial services will be held on Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. in the Chapel of Clark Funeral Home with Dan Bennett will be bringing the eulogy. The family will receive friends beginning at 10:00 a.m. until the time of service. Following the service, a reception will be hosted by the family at Dallas First Baptist Church, in the fellowship hall.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

This is one post i hoped i would never see.My heart is heavy and my thought's and prayer's go out to Danny and his family at this time. I will surely miss your mom and her hug's and smile's and most of all her love and kindness that she has showed me. She was a very special and wonderful friend and i loved her dearly.

To Dan and family,

Dot was such a bright spot in life.She always had a smile even during her darkest days.This was a woman with true compassion and dedication I have rarely been the benefactor to see first hand.:)Dot made my daughter a beautiful blanket prior to her birth, my only daughter of four....She was genuine and loving and I for one will miss her smile greatly she was one of the greatest reasons I visited The Been.Dan I am so sorry for your families loss. My heart hurts for you all... Much love Beth:* :wub: