Paulding.com

Rodney's Thursday May 10

Good morning from the kitchen!

Over the past months, I have redirected my efforts here to overseeing every aspect of the food you receive. From purchasing, receiving, inspecting, developing recipes, and finally cooking the food, I personally feel as a restaurant owner, if the food is good, folks will come back. The best I have goes out with every plate, and I hope you see the care we put into your food.

An example of that is our daily lunch offering. I select the freshest ingredients; use the best cooking techniques, on the best equipment. I don’t “skimp” on the quality of the food. Could I used lesser quality ingredients and charge you less? Absolutely. Many restaurants do. But I look at it this way, they know what their food is worth, and if they can get by with it, luck to them. I’m just not going to put out cheap food. You deserve better.

Now don’t get me wrong, I know we are all in a tight spot these days, and price DOES MATTER. Our steak prices are some of the lowest around. When you can get PRIME RIB, Twice Baked, or Baked Potato, Garden Salad and Texas Toast for $13.99 like we are serving tonight, I think you can see our prices are in line, or lower, than anyone else. Our lunch today (Butterfly Pork Chop, Pinto Beans, Collard Greens and Cornbread) is a great value. It’s not microwave, pre-cooked, or frozen, but real fresh food like momma used to make served at a fair price.

I make you this promise: I will continue to prepare good home cooked meals, made of fresh quality ingredients, in a clean and safe environment. All I ask of you is try our food. I think you will see our effort in every plate.

Have a GREAT Thursday!

Rodney