Paulding.com

A quick word about USED cheap mowers for sale..

The lowest priced mower I can sell is $75. All mowers I sell are REBUILT. I do not sell a simply "used mower". You can get them all day long at yard sales for $25....but they almost ALWAYS end up in my shop after the buyer realizes what $25 will get you. All of my mowers for sale undergo strenuous checks before I post them here and on craigslist. I want the buyers to get their money's worth. By the time I have checked the compression (meaning a good engine that will not burn oil or lose power), then toss in new filters, fuel lines, blades, fresh oil, etc. I'm already up to about $50 out of pocket. So, I'm lucky to make a $25 profit on a cheap, low end mower...but YOU are the winner, because you didn't buy junk. You bought and equal or greater than brand new mower.

Since all sales are FINAL and without warranty, my reputation is on the line. So, I can't take chances- if it looks like something might break within one season, it is replaced with new parts. I wish I could offer a warranty of some type, but I've been burned too many times from buyer's neglect to the mower. I can't be responsible for last year's gas being used, large rocks, roots, and a myriad of other "oopsys" that buyers are responsible for. What you DO get is a GREAT DEAL on something that will last, if you'll simply follow some rules on maintenance....that you can do on your own, or bring it in yearly for a tune up. Standard tune ups are not expensive on mowers that have been taken care of. In fact, some tune ups can be as low as $40 if the owner has taken care of the mower and kept it INDOORS in a garage, shed, or other out-building.

If you're looking for a $25 mower, I am NOT the guy to call. There's no such thing as a GOOD mower for $25...I oughta know. ;)

Just a word for those who are looking for something virtually as good as new, but for a fraction of the price. :)

Thanks for reading this!! It's save us both time and trouble in the end.

Glenn

The lowest priced mower I can sell is $75. All mowers I sell are REBUILT. I do not sell a simply "used mower". You can get them all day long at yard sales for $25....but they almost ALWAYS end up in my shop after the buyer realizes what $25 will get you. All of my mowers for sale undergo strenuous checks before I post them here and on craigslist. I want the buyers to get their money's worth. By the time I have checked the compression (meaning a good engine that will not burn oil or lose power), then toss in new filters, fuel lines, blades, fresh oil, etc. I'm already up to about $50 out of pocket. So, I'm lucky to make a $25 profit on a cheap, low end mower...but YOU are the winner, because you didn't buy junk. You bought and equal or greater than brand new mower.

Since all sales are FINAL and without warranty, my reputation is on the line. So, I can't take chances- if it looks like something might break within one season, it is replaced with new parts. I wish I could offer a warranty of some type, but I've been burned too many times from buyer's neglect to the mower. I can't be responsible for last year's gas being used, large rocks, roots, and a myriad of other "oopsys" that buyers are responsible for. What you DO get is a GREAT DEAL on something that will last, if you'll simply follow some rules on maintenance....that you can do on your own, or bring it in yearly for a tune up. Standard tune ups are not expensive on mowers that have been taken care of. In fact, some tune ups can be as low as $40 if the owner has taken care of the mower and kept it INDOORS in a garage, shed, or other out-building.

If you're looking for a $25 mower, I am NOT the guy to call. There's no such thing as a GOOD mower for $25...I oughta know. ;)

Just a word for those who are looking for something virtually as good as new, but for a fraction of the price. :)

Thanks for reading this!! It's save us both time and trouble in the end.

Glenn

:good:

I getcha!

My hubby does JD lawn tractors as a hobby. He might pick them up cheap, but he puts a LOT into them before he sells them, unless he sells them with the buyer knowing it has no warranty and may not last if not properly cared for.

It's odd how folks think mower engines need less care than what they'd give the car they drive. It's still an engine, and it still needs maintenance.

What you are saying is true, Subby - as a general rule. But like ALL rules, there ARE exceptions. I purchased a USED mower at a yard sale for $30. (okay, it wasn't $25, but?) and the ONLY thing it required to run for the next five years was oil and gas. Nothing more than what a new mower would require. I definitely got my $30 and MORE out of it. The second mower I purchased at a yard sale was also about $30 and this will be the 3rd season I will use it. Again, NO issues other than routine maintance. Sometimes you actually DO get what you pay for. $10 or less per year for a mower is my kinfa deal!

Subby, my dad does the same thing as you do, when we talk he sounds word for word just like you do about the machines having the same issues.

He wants you to look at my little tiller because it is slow to start and it cranked on the first pull when he gave it to me.

I hate the whole business of disposable machines, they can get 100 year old machines to work now a days, but 6 month old machines are sometimes trash.

They don't want people like you to be in business, they want folks to buy another machine. I listen to my daddy and you when it comes to yard machines!

What you are saying is true, Subby - as a general rule. But like ALL rules, there ARE exceptions. I purchased a USED mower at a yard sale for $30. (okay, it wasn't $25, but?) and the ONLY thing it required to run for the next five years was oil and gas. Nothing more than what a new mower would require. I definitely got my $30 and MORE out of it. The second mower I purchased at a yard sale was also about $30 and this will be the 3rd season I will use it. Again, NO issues other than routine maintance. Sometimes you actually DO get what you pay for. $10 or less per year for a mower is my kinfa deal!

I understand, and my first question would be if you knew what to look for (details), what you were looking at, etc. whereas many people don't know? People can always get lucky, but when it comes to used mowers, I know what I'm looking for, and if people don't trust taking that chance on the yard sale mower, then I only would encourage them to let me know. That's all. :)

I highly doubt 99% of used mowers were just cleaned up and sold. That's a lot of the business, just FYI. ;)

(just saying what I've seen over my time in the bizz) We've had people come in with a Stihl gas trimmer they got for $5....00..

Yep, it only cost them like $60 to get a $300 trimmer up and going like new. Just the repair costs were cheap enough to put a high dollar trimmer in their hands for $60-70. Most people underestimate the value of a GOOD 2-cycle piece of equipment. It rarely costs over $50 to get one in top notch condition, depending on its age, of course.