Paulding.com

Mike Myers, age 37, of Dallas, GA, passed away Saturday, July 23, 2011. He was born in Decatur, GA, March 28, 1974. Mr. Myers worked for Norfolk Southern Railroad as a yard master and he was a member of Hope United Methodist Church.

Survivors include his wife, Heather Griffeth Myers; sons, Mike Myers, Jr. of Greyson, GA and Brian Myers of Dallas, GA; daughter, Lauren Myers of Dallas, GA; parents, James Paul Myers, Jr. & Amelia Myers of San Destin, FL; brother & sister-in-law, Jay & Holly Myers of Georgia; sisters, Doshia Centeno of Florida, Brittney Squires of Georgia and April Myers of Florida; father-in-law & mother-in-law, Roger & Cathy Griffeth of AL;

sisters-in-law, Katie & Jason Wright of Georgia and Robin & Brian McCormick of Georgia; six nieces and five nephews.

A memorial service will be Wednesday, July 27, 2011, at 7:00 PM, from Hope United Methodist Church, with Pastor Frank Bernat officiating. The family will receive friends at the church from 6:00 PM until 7:00 PM.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made at any Wells Fargo Bank location, in memory of Mike Myers.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

Mike was my cousin and my friend. We came from a very large, close family where the difference between a cousin or brother became easily blurred. We grew up together and did the things that boys will do: We played ball, hiked trails and fished. We hung-out, cut-up and laughed. And sometimes...sometimes, we got in trouble. But the outcome was always good because we learned a lesson and were better for it.

We spent much time together in years past before the responsibilities of husband and father became priorities for us both. I know that he loved his family dearly and put them first in all things. And so upon his untimely passing, I miss him greatly. I do not understand why things like this happen. I do not understand the mind of God, for I am but his simple child. I can only trust in Him, in His will, and know for certain that Mike and I have parted ways but only for a short time. We will surely meet again...

Mike, I am thankful for all the times that we shared. I will miss you in this life.

Jim

Edited by jkelly
  • Like 2

Mike was my cousin and my friend. We came from a very large, close family where the difference between a cousin or brother became easily blurred. We grew up together and did the things that boys will do: We played ball, hiked trails and fished. We hung-out, cut-up and laughed. And sometimes...sometimes, we got in trouble. But the outcome was always good because we learned a lesson and were better for it.

We spent much time together in years past before the responsibilities of husband and father became priorities for us both. I know that he loved his family dearly and put them first in all things. And so upon his untimely passing, I miss him greatly. I do not understand why things like this happen. I do not understand the mind of God, for I am but his simple child. I can only trust in Him, in His will, and know for certain that Mike and I have parted ways but only for a short time. We will surely meet again...

Mike, I am thankful for all the times that we shared. I will miss you in this life.

Jim

Beautiful post. So sorry for your families loss. Prayers said.