Paulding.com

Cruise Planners Vacation City

Ketchikan, Alaska a city with a multitude of history. From brothel houses to totem poles. There are only 2 ways to get to Ketchikan. Either by air or by sea. Here are a few things that you can check out……….

creek_street_599x150.jpg

You can check out Dolly's House. The most famous brothel house in Ketchikan. Have a drink at an old time saloon. It actually has the swinging doors at the entrance!!!!!

You can take a trip in a sea plane to check out the glaciers, mountains and some bears!!!!!

You can check out the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show you will witness some of the world's best lumberjacks go head to head in more than a dozen live exciting events such as chopping, sawing, relay races, axe throwing, log rolling and a 50-foot speed climb.

Many cruises visit this city on their Alaskan itinaries. Check out KETCHIKAN

OK, this is my favorite place I have been EVER. I could totally move there, and I am not kidding. I've been to the Caribbean, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and to 46 states. LOVELY weather, great people, and just a marvelous, wonderful small-town atmosphere.

I didn't even want to go to Alaska when we cruised there several years ago, but my father's health wasn't great, so I went along with the parental units for their peace of mind. OH WOW!!! Now, it's the ONLY place I want to cruise! Love me some Alaska, and esp. Ketchikan. Thanks for the reminder.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this is my favorite place I have been EVER. I could totally move there, and I am not kidding. I've been to the Caribbean, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and to 46 states. LOVELY weather, great people, and just a marvelous, wonderful small-town atmosphere.

I didn't even want to go to Alaska when we cruised there several years ago, but my father's health wasn't great, so I went along with the parental units for their peace of mind. OH WOW!!! Now, it's the ONLY place I want to cruise! Love me some Alaska, and esp. Ketchikan. Thanks for the reminder.

I've heard really good things about Alaska, as well. It wasn't on the top of the list my wife and I are considering for a cruise vacation, but we might have to consider it. Thanks for sharing your experience!