Paulding.com

Genette Corley, age 83, of Dallas, GA, passed away on Monday, August 23, 2010. She was born September 2, 1926 in Dallas, GA, and was preceded in death by her parents, Willie Claude Sligh & Addie Mae Cochran Sligh and a sister, Zellyah Hollingshed. Mrs. Corley worked as a seamstress and was a member of Burnt Hickory United Methodist Church.

Survivors include her husband of 58 years, Paul Franklin Corley; son & daughter-in-law, David & Michelle Corley of Dallas, GA; daughter & son-in-law, Debbie & Scott Phillips of Dallas, GA; sister, Wilma Scoggins of Dallas, GA; grandchildren, Michael Bickers, Cole Phillips, Cooper Corley and Genna Corley; and great-grandchildren, Morgan Bickers, Macie Bickers and Miley Bickers.

Funeral services will be Wednesday, August 25, 2010, at 2:00 PM, from Burnt Hickory United Methodist Church, with Reverend Mike Shearon and Reverend Todd Tibbitts officiating. Interment will follow in Narroway Baptist Church Cemetery, with Tommy Scoggins, Bill Scoggins, Tim Carruth, Danny Corley, Jerry Shearin, Jeff Corley, Bobby Tibbitts, Wayne Tibbitts, Joey Corley and Chris Corley serving as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Tuesday, August 24, 2010, from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to, Narroway Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, c/o Trent Tibbitts, 720 Mountain Road, Dallas, GA 30132.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

Aunt Net was one of the sweetest people I know of! I was at her house a lot growing up, and she always treated me like one of her own. She was a Christian, that put her family first before herself. She will be missed so much by all of us! I'll always have good memories of her, and the last one will be telling her that I loved her and she said she loved me too.

Please keep our family in your prayers!