Paulding.com

Marketing Matters from SkyFire Designs, a division of Dawning LLC

FaceBook is a great FREE way to advertise your business! But, are you getting the most out of it?

Businesses often make the mistake of creating a business page on FaceBook. This is important if you want to pay FaceBook for advertising. But, when you post a new message on your wall, it doesn’t update any one elses page.

Instead, create a personal FaceBook page with your company name as the first and last name. For example:

First Name: WalMart Last Name: Superstore

FaceBook won’t let you use a generic email address like Info@WalMart.com. Instead, use a personal company email address like JaneDoe@WalMart.com or set up a new email address like Savings@Walmart.com.

Once you get your account set up, search and add your friends and customers. Their walls will be updated every time you post something about your business. This gives you the maximum exposure that you’re looking for!

I agree with this philosophy. The best way to advertise is to be a person first. Therefore my personal FB page is the only one I have. People get to see all my personal info and the business info I post. All sales relationships are personality driven. This way my potential clients can get a real good dose of me before they decide if they want to work with me. Same thing with Pcom. Think of it as a constant, open ended interview process. I am a person first and a business second. Both of these social media outlets have garnered me tons of business. You can't put a price on that. I've made real cash money from FB and Pcom. And not just once or twice. I can attribute lots of business to both.

• 2 months later...