Paulding.com

Quick Tip from Metro Atlanta Landscape (Formally Harbor Bay Landscaping)

If you hava a Bermuda Lawn, these are some things you might need to know to keep it helathy:

Fertilizing: Apply a fertilizer that is specifically labeled for bermuda lawns and apply during the growing season each year (when the grass is not dormant). Apply when the lawn is dry. If it’s wet, the fertilizer may burn the grass. Also apply lime once a year.

Mowing: Cut the grass so that it is between .5 and 2 inches high.

Watering: Bermudagrass prefers deep, infrequent watering. Over-watering or having standing water can be damaging.

Thatch Removal: Scalp or heavily rake the yard (and remove the debris) in late winter.

Weeds: A pre-emergent herbicide is recommended in the spring and fall. Choose a pre-emergent that is labeled for bermuda lawns.

Am I the only guy in Paulding who is intimidated by his own yard? :) I know nothing about this stuff and depend on people like you who know what they're doing not to kill my grass. In my previous house, in a fit of "do it yourself," I burned my whole backyard with some kind of attempt to fertilize it or kill weeds or something. It was a disaster.

Thanks for your tips!

• 1 month later...