Paulding.com

Seeking USED Non-working mowers to rebuild and sell

I would like to take at least one day this week, and pick up some older inoperable lawn mowers. I would prefer just push mowers right now, but if you have a rider that is in good enough shape to be profitable to refurbish, then I'm sure I can figure out a way to have them picked up, as well. While the media would try to make us believe the economy is on the rebound, I see different. I am receiving about TWICE as many PM's for rebuilt mowers than for people needing repairs. This is indicative of how little money people have to spend right now.

And as such, it's is my best interest (and the consumers) for to make some trips out and about to pick up dead mowers and get them back into good running condition. It doesn't pay nearly as well as repair work, but it DOES help meet our community's needs, by providing good reliable lawn equipment for people who can no longer afford to buy new mowers.

So, I would appreciate any and all calls or PM's I could get from people who want their broken mowers taken away. You win by having someone pick up your junk, I win by being able to resale them after repairing them, and most of all, our county's consumers win by being able to purchase a nice mower to keep their yards up.

The only thing I ask is that the mowers offered for pick up do not have blown engines, or are in pieces (when someone tried to fix them and never put them back together). Also, a good sweeping or hosing down of the machines would be nice, since I use my truck to pick them up in (instead of a trailer, which would be nice). Bottom line- you can get some junk moved out of your way, while you're also helping the less fortunate buy a decent used mower to cut their grass with. And like I said, this is the least profitable thing I do in this business, "money wise", but there's more important things that could be considered profitable- like helping people out in these difficult times. ;)

Thanks folks, and God Bless!!! :)

I have a good used mower but the d#%m thing starts the first time I pull the cord!!!!!!!! BTW I have an extra pull cord and some weed eater line I'll give you next time I see ya.

I've gotta stop fixing your stuff so well!!! I'm putting myself outa business!!! :lol:

Oh MOWERS,

I didn't have on my spectacles on when I first read your post, and thought it said non working mothers.

I just wanted to check and see how you were planning on rebuilding, and selling them mothers.

:rofl: :rofl:

Well, I picked up two today that are salvageable, but am still seeking more- particularly push mowers. Thanks!