Paulding.com

Fred Andrew Hopgood, age 60, of Hiram, passed away on February 19, 2010. He was born on April 23, 1949, in Rome, GA, and was preceded in death by his father, Charles May Hopgood. Mr. Hopgood was a veteran of the United States Army.

Survivors include daughter and son-in-law, Tammy & Pete Nolan of Hiram; brother, Wesley & Anette Hopgood of Blairsville; sister and brother-in-law, Diane & Steve King of Woodstock, six grandchildren, one great-grandchild, several nieces and nephews.

The body will be cremated at the familys request. A memorial service will be Friday, February 26, 2010, at 11:00 AM, from the Georgia National Cemetery in Canton, GA.

OMG! I grew up next door to his parents. Charles and Virginia were just the sweetest people. I have wonderful memories of them. They raised great sons and helped with Tammy. Such a sad loss. My heart goes out the the Hopgood family.

This came as a sudden shock, my father has lived with me for the last 2 years or so. Last week was a very bitter sweet week. My oldest daughter gave birth to my first grandchild and the day she came home was when dad had a heart attack. Within 3 hours of her being home, he never even got to hold her. He will be greatly missed from my family since we are use to seeing him off and on all day. My youngest son Mason (9 yrs old) was the world to my father. They were very close buddies. Please keep everyone in your prayers including my grandmother Virginia she is 85 and this has been hard for her also.

Thanks

Tammy

Also we are asking for donations instead of flowers to be sent to Clark Funeral Home 770-445-7133