Paulding.com

Babysitting Training

I just heard that Paulding County Parks and Recreation will be having American Red Cross Babysitting Training November 21 at Mt Tabor Park. Ages 11-14 boys and girls. Fee $31. This is a great class my child took this and loved it and I want my other one to take it.

Do they get a lisence or something to be a babysitter???? Or is this just another revenue collection scheme? Come on people, bumps and bruises make strong adults. So, does this prepair the little darlings for a career in babysitting? How much does a sitter gross in a year? PLEASE.......

JLH, I thought the same thing at first. It's more than that though. It teaches the babysitters not only how to care for the kids but how to protect themselves. Simple things like excusing themselves to the restroom when the parents come home and appear intoxicated. Then they can call their parents to get them instead of riding home with an intoxicated driver. The course is pretty thorough.

And yes, there is a license of sort. My daughter has a card stating she is a Georgia certified babysitter and has completeed the Wellstar Safe Sitter class.

My 13 year old had made $120 over the past two weekends. She is booked for the next two weekends to come. She works for one family every Monday night from 5-9 and makes $35.00 each week. The kids are in bed by 7:30 and she has the rest of the time to study.

The best part is she is working for families on our street so she is within walking distance. This had turned out to be a GREAT gig for her.