Paulding.com

Lending Library Needs....

Library Buddies! A Library Buddy is someone (adult or child) that donates a book to the library.. either a book for parents to read about different disabilities.... or a book written for children to read about a specific disability! Children's books promote acceptance of differences in children. There are a lot of great books on the market and very reasonably priced on e-bay or amazon.com. This would be a great community service project for your child and he/she would have his/her name placed on a donation sticker in front of the book. Another possibility would be used toys that would have some educational or developmental usage to them... or used therapy equipment or items!

If you would like to sponsor a book... these are some that I've been looking at. They are very easy reads for parents:

Everything Parent's Guide to Children with OCD... Bipolar....Dyslexia... Juvenile Diabetes... Anxiety...ADD/ADHD.... Autism....Depression....Asthma....Special Needs...Asperger's...Overweight Child (There's a series of them)

or...

Children with.. Autism...Tourette Syndrome...Spina Bifida....Fragile X Syndrome...Cerebral Palsy....Traumatic Brain Injury....Visual Impairment.... Mental Retardation.....Epilepsy (another series)

If your child would like to be a Library Buddy, please contact me and I'll be glad to find a book that your child would like to donate. This would also be a great way to honor a special needs child in your life!

Most books can be found in very good or new condition for $10.00 or less...

Thank you for any help you can give.... We will have an Appreciation Day for our Library Buddies later in the year.....

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...