Paulding.com

Hubby still full from lunch...

Any of you guys eaten at Dillard House in Rabun Gap? My husband just got home and my daughter is asking for oatmeal. He says he is still full from lunch and starts to reminisce. Said it was "G.U.D good". I'm jealous. The other night it was Longhorn. Well... I guess if your employer takes you those places.

This is my FAVORITE place to eat!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: I love the red pepper relish (appetizer type item) and the Cabbage Casserole and Acorn Squash (both are lunch items). My Dinner favorites are Potatoes au Gratin, Fordhook Beans and the Tomatoes and Onions. All the meats are great except for the sugar cured ham.....YUK!!!! I have never liked that stuff. But, I love to visit this place. We went to the petting Zoo once, it was pretty cool.

This is my FAVORITE place to eat!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: I love the red pepper relish (appetizer type item) and the Cabbage Casserole and Acorn Squash (both are lunch items). My Dinner favorites are Potatoes au Gratin, Fordhook Beans and the Tomatoes and Onions. All the meats are great except for the sugar cured ham.....YUK!!!! I have never liked that stuff. But, I love to visit this place. We went to the petting Zoo once, it was pretty cool.

Didn't know about the petting zoo. What is it like?

Didn\'t know about the petting zoo. What is it like?

The Dillard house is on farm land. They grow what they serve.

They also have a lodge.

They also have horses for horse back riding and a large pen in the back with some goats, chickens and cows. It\'s really cool. We always go back there and we don\'t have any kids (they\'re grown).

The land has been in the family since the LATE 1700\'s, lots of history. The Dillard House lodge and restaurant since 1917.

THE DILLARD HOUSE

Look at their events page.

We went up last year for Labor Day and spent the night and had dinner on the lawn with a live band.

EVENTS