Paulding.com

I need some pointers please.

And I knew pcom would be the place to look.

My husband just got laid off on Tuesday (right on the heels of me getting laid off). He has decided to do what he has been doing for 15 years - now from home. He repairs body shop tools and is pretty good at it too. He was laid off because the company he worked for is restructering and they moved a few shops together into one building. In doing this, they moved all the employees including managers. Well now they have too many managers under one roof. So my husband the manager of the smaller division, was laid off.

So, my main question is this:

Is there a place where I can create a web site for free or close to it?

and any other advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Liz

Main thing is to buy your business license and get the word out there. He needs to advertise. I know that can be costly, but customers aren't going to come unless they know about him.

Thank you much. We only been at this since Wednesday. Things are falling into place. Thanks for the advice and if you have any air or electric tools you need repaired, give Steve a call 404-345-8133.

Thanks again,

And I knew pcom would be the place to look.

My husband just got laid off on Tuesday (right on the heels of me getting laid off). He has decided to do what he has been doing for 15 years - now from home. He repairs body shop tools and is pretty good at it too. He was laid off because the company he worked for is restructering and they moved a few shops together into one building. In doing this, they moved all the employees including managers. Well now they have too many managers under one roof. So my husband the manager of the smaller division, was laid off.

So, my main question is this:

Is there a place where I can create a web site for free or close to it?

and any other advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Liz

Liz, give me a call at 770-222-8603 (the shop) and I can give you some ideas and information that you need. He will definitely need the business license and a few other state and federal id numbers (those are free). I can give you some good ideas for getting his name out there and honestly, a p.com commerce membership is worth the money. It is a small amount when you consider you can advertise by posting every day and there are a lot of people on here who read and are looking for services, but don't post. I speak from experience on that. It is a very easy way to reach lots of people. I can give you info on a free website hosting and basic info as to how to do it. I know someone who can set it up for you probably very inexpensively...no, not Bruce, I have him overloaded! :lol:

Give me a call when you get a chance. If Bruce is here, he can give you even more information. I agree, it is all about advertising and getting people to know about the business. We have managed to run our at home business and now the Shop with minimal amounts of money spent on advertising. There are LOTS of ways to advertise FREE! There are a couple of good books that can give you lists and lists of how to do that. Anyway, just give me a call and I'll give you more info.

I'm sorry your husband lost his job...it is affecting people all around us. I have learned to believe that when one door closes, another opens. It certainly did happen that way for us. A loss of my job (primary income) to ZERO opened the door for me to open my own business that is thriving. It can be done, takes lots of time and you will probably need to help him advertise. But enough on here, we will do whatever we can to help you guys . I'll talk to you soon! :wub:

Scarlet

Liz, give me a call at 770-222-8603 (the shop) and I can give you some ideas and information that you need. He will definitely need the business license and a few other state and federal id numbers (those are free). I can give you some good ideas for getting his name out there and honestly, a p.com commerce membership is worth the money. It is a small amount when you consider you can advertise by posting every day and there are a lot of people on here who read and are looking for services, but don't post. I speak from experience on that. It is a very easy way to reach lots of people. I can give you info on a free website hosting and basic info as to how to do it. I know someone who can set it up for you probably very inexpensively...no, not Bruce, I have him overloaded! :lol:

Give me a call when you get a chance. If Bruce is here, he can give you even more information. I agree, it is all about advertising and getting people to know about the business. We have managed to run our at home business and now the Shop with minimal amounts of money spent on advertising. There are LOTS of ways to advertise FREE! There are a couple of good books that can give you lists and lists of how to do that. Anyway, just give me a call and I'll give you more info.

I'm sorry your husband lost his job...it is affecting people all around us. I have learned to believe that when one door closes, another opens. It certainly did happen that way for us. A loss of my job (primary income) to ZERO opened the door for me to open my own business that is thriving. It can be done, takes lots of time and you will probably need to help him advertise. But enough on here, we will do whatever we can to help you guys . I'll talk to you soon! :wub:

Scarlet

You're a doll!! I knew I could call you. and I was going to stop by yesterday with my husband, but to be honest, I was afraid (actually I knew) I would spend some money that I don't need to. I really want to come in and see the shop. Maybe next week one day, I can persuade my husband to come by there. I'll try to call you in a little bit. He's making cold calls right now.

I really appreciate it. You just don't know.

Liz

You're a doll!! I knew I could call you. and I was going to stop by yesterday with my husband, but to be honest, I was afraid (actually I knew) I would spend some money that I don't need to. I really want to come in and see the shop. Maybe next week one day, I can persuade my husband to come by there. I'll try to call you in a little bit. He's making cold calls right now.

I really appreciate it. You just don't know.

Liz

You know you don't have to buy anything to come by...I always have something for you to take home...maybe one of our new soaps?? :)

Feel free to come by or call ANYTIME!!! We are happy to help in any way we can. We had to learn as we went and have learned a lot in doing so. I'll look forward to seeing talking and seeing you soon! :wub:

Scarlet