Paulding.com

John “Deck” Gilreath, age 70, of Douglasville, passed away on November 8, 2008. He was born on September 2, 1938 in Jacksonville, AL. Mr. Gilreath worked at Six Flags for 27 years as a landscaper.

Survivors include his wife, Malley Gilreath of Douglasville, daughters and sons-in-law, Tomi George & Jeremy Barnes of Dallas, Florence & John Fields of Marietta, Mary Ann & Bruce Clark of Villa Rica; daughter, Malinda Roberts of Temple; stepchildren, Shauni & Michael O’Neal of Douglasville, Glenn & Tasha Wallace of Douglasville, Dannette & Randy Chambers of Hiram; brothers and sisters-in-law, William Earl & Mary Jane Gilreath of Douglasville, Fred & Lora Mae Gilreath of Villa Rica; thirteen grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, many nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, November 11, 2008, at 3 p.m., from Clark Funeral Home with Reverend Michael Gilreath officiating. Pallbearers include Randy Chambers, Michael O’Neal, Jeremy Barnes, Timmy Cambell, Paul Prater and Jason Gilham. Honorary pallbearers include B.J. Reece and Tyler Cambell. Interment will follow in Paulding Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m.

John “Deck” Gilreath, age 70, of Douglasville, passed away on November 8, 2008. He was born on September 2, 1938 in Jacksonville, AL. Mr. Gilreath worked at Six Flags for 27 years as a landscaper.

Survivors include his wife, Malley Gilreath of Douglasville, daughters and sons-in-law, Tomi George & Jeremy Barnes of Dallas, Florence & John Fields of Marietta, Mary Ann & Bruce Clark of Villa Rica; daughter, Malinda Roberts of Temple; stepchildren, Shauni & Michael O’Neal of Douglasville, Glenn & Tasha Wallace of Douglasville, Dannette & Randy Chambers of Hiram; brothers and sisters-in-law, William Earl & Mary Jane Gilreath of Douglasville, Fred & Lora Mae Gilreath of Villa Rica; thirteen grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, many nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, November 11, 2008, at 3 p.m., from Clark Funeral Home with Reverend Michael Gilreath officiating. Pallbearers include Randy Chambers, Michael O’Neal, Jeremy Barnes, Timmy Cambell, Paul Prater and Jason Gilham. Honorary pallbearers include B.J. Reece and Tyler Cambell. Interment will follow in Paulding Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m.

This is my Brother-n-Law on my Husband's side of the family. He was such a good man. I have never heard him say a bad thing about anyone. He will be missed by so many.

I know you are in the arms of Jesus now. Rest in peace Dexter...We love you. :(